VW Golf R32 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I know what you mean about a little real interaction, driving home from work in the morning recently in the rain, a red GT3 comes level with me, gave me a nod and pulled away. Made my morning
biggrin.gif

While I share your thoughts on social media & I don't have a personal presence, having used it t document my car I've found some really helpful people and advice when using it on my terms :)

You really can't beat reading back over progress via a forum/owners club though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I know what you mean about a little real interaction, driving home from work in the morning recently in the rain, a red GT3 comes level with me, gave me a nod and pulled away. Made my morning
biggrin.gif

While I share your thoughts on social media & I don't have a personal presence, having used it t document my car I've found some really helpful people and advice when using it on my terms :)

You really can't beat reading back over progress via a forum/owners club though.
Exactly what I thought :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
My previous post was related to my valved exhaust system, which is controlled via remote controller.

I hated having remote controller in arm rest as it was hard to reach and also it bounced all the time back and forth.

The remote controller custom made holder

IMG-20200425-094853.jpg

So I've designed a special holder which is perfect fit to the drivers side glove box!
smile.gif
Another little detail I've added is engraved .:R32 logo. Pretty sweet right?
wub.png

IMG-20200424-202331.jpg

IMG-20200425-093444.jpg

Final result. Took the picture with flash so every tiny bit of dust is visible
dry.png

IMG-20200814-185111.jpg

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'll put interior mods to the side for a bit, I'll cover it soon.

Maintenance is the key, even on very reliable 3.2 VR6 engines. It was a time to do a DSG oil and filter change and we also changed the haldex fluid. Everything was done by a friend at VW service, with OEM parts only.

DSG + HALDEX SERVICE

IMG-20200624-121602.jpg

Finito
biggrin.gif

IMG-20200624-130053.jpg

The amount of looks that car attracted at service was unbelieveable! When entire service staff including the director of the service checks the car and they say Wow, it is a special feeling. So glad I own this and cheers to many more years of ownership
drinks.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wish I had a friend with that kind of service facility. Presumably when not in use for car servicing , he rents it out to your health service to use as an operating theatre .

Good call on the use of VW stuff for the service though. I know they are more expensive (filters etc) but you do know what you are getting .

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wish I had a friend with that kind of service facility. Presumably when not in use for car servicing , he rents it out to your health service to use as an operating theatre .
Good call on the use of VW stuff for the service though. I know they are more expensive (filters etc) but you do know what you are getting .
Well it was actually much cheaper with friends help than it would be otherwise. Paid 192€ for everything including work (dsg+haldex), which is like 173£. ???? I do all the other maintenance myself.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Blimey. That is good.5 litres of engine oil, 5 litres of DSG oil and one of Haldex will be well over a £100, so top value . I must admit it is probably one job I would pay to have done as it is such a pain to do with the car at ground level .

·
Registered
203 Posts
Let's touch the paintwork. It was in horrible condition, a lot of marks and scrathes which were visible even from distance.

It had to be sorted. You can see the paint before being polished.
bad.gif

2 - STEP POLISH + CERAMIC COATING + WAXING

burst.jpg

IMG-20200706-123403.jpg

Let's hit it.

IMG-20200706-161949.jpg

The result after 2 step polishing. Done it together with my friend.

IMG-20200706-171942.jpg

After the car was polished, we applied the ceramic coating. Picked the CarPro CQ UK 3.0. Two layers applied. After that I applied Fusso Coat wax for black color. The finished look is outstanding.

IMG-20200706-202338.jpg

IMG-20200707-094206.jpg

The car is on different paintjob level now! It shines like crazy, no marks or scratches left (except of some deep ones at the rear, but nothing horrible). Happy now
biggrin.gif

IMG-20200721-191418.jpg

IMG-20200721-191449.jpg

IMG-20200815-151813.jpg

Blimey. That is good.5 litres of engine oil, 5 litres of DSG oil and one of Haldex will be well over a £100, so top value . I must admit it is probably one job I would pay to have done as it is such a pain to do with the car at ground level .
Yeah I am getting car lift before I continue building this car further
wink.gif

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Excellent job on the paintwork renovation. Bet it tool a long time .
Thank you. Took us 4 days to finish it off completely but just taking it easy! :) Worth it!

The ceramic coating is one of the best things I got done on mine and then you wash it and come to dry it just pat it try
It is! There is no need to wash the car with a "sponge" anymore :) I simply snow foam it, wait 3 minutes and then rinse it. Then I dry it with a fresh towel and go for a short drive and the car is perfectly clean!! :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Here we go with interior upgrades. Starting off with some DSG paddle extensions which are a must!

DSG PADDLE EXTENSIONS

These ones are from Ebay and are super nice blue color which I really like (goes together with brake callipers paint).

IMG-20200818-165812.jpg

IMG-20200823-141840.jpg

I believe this are the ones I have

81 - 100 of 180 Posts