VW Golf R32 Forum banner

illegal R32 - Pursuit of happines - MK5 R32 build thread

Tags
vehicle
48K views 189 replies 15 participants last post by  VelovetAndy 
#1 · (Edited)
DA WEIß MAN, WAS MAN HAT.

VW-Logo.png

Build navigation menu (blue text has a link of upgrade attached - just click to visit)

Most pictures in this thread are HIGH RESOLUTION so it may take a while to load all of them

The listing you see down below is for my V1 R32, which is now in the long time procces to it's final V2 stage which will also be it's final.

Chassis
Anti Roll bars:
H&R / front - 24mm / rear - 26mm
Coilovers: KW V2 - inox, adjustable damping
Front brakes: Audi TTRS 8J - 4pot callipers + 370x32mm discs + HEL braided brake lines
Rear brakes: OEM callipers + 356x22mm discs

Exterior
Wheels: OZ Superleggera III, 3-piece forged, 19" 8.5J ET43
Clean look front grill conversion: Color code Hyper Silver (Isuzu) - 300892
Front bumper lip: Ustil tuning
Side skirt extensions: Maxton design - gloss black
Wind deflectors: Team Heko
Blacked turn signals on mirrors: LED
Tail lights upgrade: Valeo LED candy red
Rear diffuser: IngoNoak Tuning - DTM style
Rear spoiler: BodyCustoms
Rear wiper delete: KillAllWipers
Tinted Windows: 95%

Engine & performance
Noise pipe delete: custom 3D printed
R36 Spark Plug Caps: OEM blue R36
Air intake: Forge Motorsport Induction
Oil & Coolant cap + black washer bottle cap: Audi R8 OEM
Engine Plate: Custom made R32 engine plate
Complete custom 3" valved exhaust

✅ Interior
Exhaust valve remote controller: custom made holder to fit drivers side glove box
DSG Paddle Shifter: Blue Extensions
Hazard switch: Cherry Dark Red
Floor mats: Custom with R32 logo
Fire extinguisher: custom front mat carrier
Key fob: Golf 7 key fob retrofit
Radio unit: RCD 330+
Polar FIS+ Advanced Parameter System: additional car informations on the cluster

Maintenance
Bonnet - repair and respray
Removing rust from rear wheel arches
Rear bumper fix and repaint
Polishing exhaust tips
Spark plugs change - 174.219 km
DSG oil&filter change, haldex oil change - 175.948 km
2-step polishing, ceramic protection, waxing

How to prepare your car for winter sleep correctly - a lot of hints (preparing R for 2020 power sleep)

FINAL STAGE OF THE CAR - BUILD DIRECTION

- Chain stretch diagnosis file

View attachment Chain stretch diagnosis.pdf

- Volkswagen Engine and Transmission Codes

View attachment D3E801A96C3-Volkswagen_Engine_and_Transmission_Codes.pdf

View attachment E0000000012-Volkswagen_Engine_&_transmission_Fault_Codes.pdf

- VR6 Motor - Construction and function (in german)

View attachment SSP_127 - VR6 MOTOR.PDF

- VR6 Intake Manifold Self Study Program

View attachment SSP_212 - VR6 INTAKE MANIFOLD.pdf

- DSG 02E Self Study Program

View attachment SSP_308 - Direct Shift Gearbox 02E.pdf

- The Golf 2004 Electrical System (2 Parts)

View attachment SSP_319_The Golf 2004 Electrical System Part 01.pdf

View attachment SSP_319_The Golf 2004 Electrical System Part 02.pdf

- The Golf 2004 Running Gear

View attachment SSP_321_ The Golf 2004 Running Gear.pdf

- 4MOTION with Haldex Coupling Model Year 2004

View attachment SSP_333_ 4MOTION with Haldex Coupling Model Year 2004.pdf

Latest photos of the car

See less See more
#177 ·
I believe this is the last upgrade on my list so far. Last but far away from least. Next 2 or 3 posts are going to be covering my future plans with the R32, my new daily and tons of new pictures ;)

POLAR FIS ADVANCED PARAMETER SYSTEM

Polar FIS+ is the plug and play "system" that plug's into CAN-BUS plug and then the CAN-BUS plugs into Polar FIS+.

It provides all sorts of data on main display. You can see total of 36 parameters in real time such as oil temeprature, speed, fuel liters, DSG temperature, exhaust temperatures etc etc. Basically everhing that has a sensor!

You can also track your times such as acceleration from 100-200, 0-200 etc etc.

You can also diagnose the car and set parameters so you don't have to use VCDS everytime :)

Probably one of the best upgrades done to the car you can check the Polar here.

The Polar FIS pluged into CAN modul

IMG-20191227-134604.jpg

How the screen looks with some quick snaps

IMG-6318.jpg

IMG-6319.jpg

IMG-6320.jpg

IMG-6322.jpg

IMG-6321.jpg
Where did the polar plug in to can't find it on mine

#179 ·
I fitted a Polar Fis a couple of months ago and added a few notes on my build thread. However, to save you the journey, access to the Canbus gateway is via the scuttle . So, wiper arms off, followed by the plastic scuttle . Next, the wiper motor plus linkage has to come out. The gateway is hiding under a cover that is held in place by three screws. Remove the cover and voila, one canbus gateway, plugging in the Polar and tucking it safely away will take all of five minutes.However, a tip. Leave the computer cable attached and feed it down into the footwell before replacing the cover and all the wiper gubbins . If you need subsequently to do any software updates on the Polar, you will have ready access. I forgot to do this, so any upgrade will require a replay of the above.

#180 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just said to myself I should post a little breaker. Last week I put my R32 out of garage after sitting for 9 months. Went straight back in after 2 hours or so. 0 kilometers driven this year
pleasantry.gif

1623092542200.jpg

Recently I've opened my own company, where we provide and make custom big brake kits, we are also the biggest brake components seller in the country with over 200+ brake sets in stock, we also refurbish brake calipers, provide custom slotted/drilled brake discs, custom braided brake lines and much more. Never thought I am going to develop something from my addiction with big brakes.

Would be more than happy if you would check my company out on instagram
smile.gif

https://www.instagram.com/nichtmehroriginal/

Anyway this situation put my R32 into a corner for a little bit. The car is now on stock wheels, because I am going to sell the OZ Superleggera III wheels together with KW V2 coilovers (barely used - around 8000km's).

Take care. Until next time
air_kiss.gif

#181 ·
Oops. Time flies. And I should probably apologize for not posting so long but here I am. I see the forum got some updates, pretty sweet!! :cool:

As I am flying over this thread I see some links are not working and pictures are loading quite slowly. I am going to fix all of this in near future ;)

Okay so what is new. A lot of things I cannot tell just yet because I'd ruin the whole build process.

Just busy with getting into adult age of life I guess so the car is sitting in the garage all the time. Only did 3 drives this year, resulting in driving it for only 712.6 km's. Enjoyed every single one of them 🥰

I must tell 2 things tho.

First is the competition in exhaust loudness for which I especially put my R32 on the road. I've scored 135.89 dB which was pretty close to what I expected.
Here you go - a detailed picutre of ear raping 🤝🤭

Next I have to tell that the car is back on stock suspension (yes the factory one, I still had it saved) - so KW's gone. Also complete brake system is gone (TTRS 370mm / RS7 rear). Aaand also my OZ 3-piece wheels are sold 🤣 Do not worry. This is just a preparation for what is coming 😎 Forget the car looks for now it is in perfect shape otherwise

#184 ·
Can't believe it's more than 2 years since the last post in this thread. Many viewers of this thread might be wondering, what happened, where is the car, what is going on :unsure: Let me explain

To be honest, the car is sitting in the garage since 2021 collecting dust. I've decided to invest money in a company rather than in a car.
I've established big brake company and built over 200 cars in the past 2.5 years. Everything you can name, from Mclaren to a Suzuki Swift. In the time span of 2 and a half years I really didn't have any need to drive my car because I tested and drove so many different cars.

But I thought a lot about my R32. What to do, leave it like that or change some things around. I really hate the nature of humans, because never is enough and I really had to end this constant "change of plans" about this car. Now when the final goals are set I can only say that I want to finish this car with high quality work and then enjoy driving and maintain it.

Starting with solid base, R32 needed a good place to stay in. So I was thinking about creating a place that would also serve as a little R32 museum! :giggle:
I think the picture will explain it all :)

Before

Property Building Wood Interior design Wall

After

Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Car

#189 · (Edited)
I can now slowly begin to post first steps.

I am all in about stance / tuning / performance scene. I really like built cars, shows and everything. But one thing I enjoy the most among all of the automotive creations are classics. I really like seeing OEM or OEM+ cars that are 20,30 or more years old in a wondefrul condition. As the designers designed them. As original as possible. Priceless. 🤩

Since I plan to never sell this car and I mean it, I was thinking about history. Fast & Furious times were unique for each automotive scene all around the 🌍. And taste of everyone changed multiple times from then with the new generations coming, making the FF cars look... Well... Rice😬 And I firmly believe my taste or taste of everyone will change in next 20 years. And I don't want to think about changes or upgrades all the time. But one thing never changes. Classic and OEM. And no one can deny that.

And here we go. First thing to change was to remove that rear lower bumper including Ingo Noak rear difusser. Since previous owner decided to cut the lower bumper and screw the difusser right onto, this whole lower bumper section is useless now. Shhu into the corner it goes... 🙂

Maybe worth a mention: the car is going to look like shit for a first few stages of this "build/restore" thing, sorry. You have to be patient for the beauty 🤗

Since rear end was built to exact spec, exhaust tips were also put more apart than OEM. Some time ago I have bought complete rear OEM bumper with one intention. To remake the exhaust. And since exhaust tips were so damn apart, I barely got to smash that OEM lower bumper to the car as you can see on the picture down below. This lower part is not going to be used later, it has damages on mounting points, but it was OK to use it for the exhaust build.

Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood

Old exhaust setup was pretty much straight piped:
3" custom downpipes + 3" exhaust straight out with rear silencer on exhaust valve + rear exhaust tips [100mm]. With one word: illegal. That is where my online "nickname" came from 🍺
One thing to mention: completely without drone with this exhaust setup

New exhaust setup (which in reality is just modified old setup) is in first place meant to be legal and as much OEM+ as possible. I still want this car to sound good 🤙:
3" custom downpipes + 3" all the way + 2x 200 cell cat's + mid silencer + rear silencer with new exaust valve + new exhaust tips [80mm]

New exhaust 3" valve (installation of controls yet to follow later in this thread) and 80mm exhaust tips (in a world where everyone goes big, I go the opposite). I have been looking everywhere for OEM tips but there were none in perfect conidtion. Used were all either damaged or stupid expensive. 😕

Automotive exhaust Gas Nickel Auto part Cylinder

And 200 cell cat's with mid silencer (don't bother with the huge silencer on the left it ain't for R32 🤣)
Blue Textile Wood Paint brush Paint

Dude built me an exhaust and in a partial return I've build brakes for his RS4 limo project 🤝

First pic from under 👇

Tire Vehicle Wheel White Automotive tire

And second

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Now OEM lower part of the rear bumper finally fits without any problems!!! 😎 And now it looks like this. Don't judge the silver part of the bumper, I know it is shit but I don't care at the moment since I don't drive the car.

Oh and guess what. Straight to MOT. Passed, completely legal exhaust regarding the gasses and the polution and green shit👽

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Yes you are correct. This was done exactly a year ago 🤣 The only time I 've put the car on the road last year.

New exhaust setup is completely without any drones in all speed/RPM combinations hurray! It looks pretty OEM to me from the outside, but the devil is hiding below 😁
When valves are closed it is really silent. Exactly what I wanted. When the valves are opened. Well it fu*king .:RRRoars 😍

If you read all the way to here, thank you. I appreciate it, I put some dang effort in this thread🤣! And I wish all of you a wonderful week 🥰