VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any magazine articles of the Mark V in gear acceleration times they could post up ??

0-60 is all well and good but 9 times out of 10 its the 30-50 or 30-70 times that matters. gone are my days of traffic light grand prix :aetsch: ... (well mostly)

Ads

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
I did my own test at 1,000 miles. Planning to do it again soon (@10k).

------------------------------------------------

Taken from my R32 Blog (5)

I've recently been out with my younger brother and we timed several in-gear accelerations with a stop watch (see table below). The accuracy of this data is far from being 100% correct due to human reaction but we did do each one several times to try and get it as close as possible. We'll run the same test again at 5,000 and 10,000 miles to see if there's any difference.

------------------------------------------------

·
2,548 Posts
pomme said:
Wow dave got to say that is some great research you have done and i bet it was fun to do :) :) :)
Yeah, it was fun! Not going to be as accurate as a magazine test though. Nearly at 10k now and so I'll be retesting soon.

thelongads said:
excellent stuff - cheers Davefish
No worries chap, welcome to R32OC!

I had a drag race with a 350Z a month ago. There wasn't much in it at all. Around <5 mph faster at every stage (guestimate).

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
davefish said:
No worries chap, welcome to R32OC!

I had a drag race with a 350Z a month ago. There wasn't much in it at all. Around <5 mph faster at every stage (guestimate).
Was it a newer 350z? mines the orginal 276bhp version, new ones have 313 and there was one in between with 296.

Ads

·
2,548 Posts
It was an 07 plate I think. Hard to remember. Also recall having a lot of fun with a Gold one on the motorway, we took it in turns to play follow the leader for about 15 minutes :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts