VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning evryone

Can anyone please advise the best induction kit I can get for my MK 4 R32.

Someone said about a K&N one, but would just like anyones advice as to whether how good it would be...or what is evryone else using?

Any info would be real.............great !!!!

Thanks

Jordan

·
3,732 Posts
being honest (and i know some people run them) i dont rate the k&n as highly as some of the others. theres alot of personal choice involved but using a system that houses the filter within an engine bay can allow for heat transfer. systems that place the filter into a cold air stream are far better performance wise as the colder the air the better the responce.

thats not to say they are bad though. the most common used by members on here tends to be the carbonio, this runs a tube from the maf, down the side of the engine bay and into the passenger wheel arch. combined with a vented grill this allows for direct airflow. theres always the fear of hydrolock (drawing water into the engine) but unless your planning on wading with the car i wouldnt be too concerned. i use the standard grill in the winter and a vented one in the warmer months.

all of the systems are pretty easy to fit if you take your time and all assist the power delivery and make a great growl over the 3k rev margin

take a look on the awesome gti website for current pricing

when it comes to fitting most people run them so there will be loads of us on hand to guide you through the process should you need it :)

·
3,137 Posts
yeah I think the consensus is to go for Carbonio, not particularly cheap but highly rated. I don't have one but one of these days!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for your help....

Have just been speaking with Sarah, and that is just what she has recommended...so must be the one to go for...

Let you know how it goes. And dub's get one sorted mate...

Thanks
Jordan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts