VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
3,732 Posts
i would personally love the eip one myself but the price with postage is crazy :( second best - the one i willmost likely go for will be the carbonio

dont forget to plumb in an air bypass valve though if your mounting the filter low into the airstream

:fisheye:

·
748 Posts
I dont think you can put a bypass on the carbonios theres no where for one to go :dontknow:

·
624 Posts
The carbonio can be cut to accomodate a bypass valve, its all EIP do to theirs when you order the CCAI with bypass.

AEM make a bypass valve (EIP use this one) and it comes with hose clips as the intake pipe fits inside it at each end. Do a google and you'll find couple of UK tuners who stock them, and you'll need to check the diameter of the intake pipes - think its 2.75" but don't quote me on that.

·
544 Posts
i have a dynatwist on mine and run the pipe to the front grill.

its a good bit of kit and it looks good.

·
624 Posts
The only theoretical problem with those sorts of filters is heat soak from being mounted in the engine bay, so it only draws hot air from the engine, although a pipe leading downwards towards underneath the car will draw some cooler air. If funds extend that far, a complete cold air intake (CCAI) system like EIP or Carbonio gives better performance

·
624 Posts
Price and ease of getting hold of. Carbonio is cheaper and pretty easy to get hold of. Hardly anything in it performance wise.

·
3,732 Posts
if the filter is heat shielded and there is an induction pipe fed toward the front grill facing the airstream then the heat wont be a problem, certainly not a noticable loss in performance (the k&n 57i kits have run like this for a while and although no good for the r32 they do show minor power gains for most cars)

agreed though if you run a system like the typhoon where the filter sits within the engine bay without a cold feed or shield then the car can run at a loss (as reported in one of the vw mags this month - i forget which one)

the eip and carbonio both mount the filters low down in the car under the engine to one side so collect cold air

eip - more expensive, pretty similar to install but does require some altering to your current oem parts thats non reversible should you want to take it out

carbonio - no mods required to oem parts to fit

read up on air bypass valves, visit the eip website to watch the video on installation to get an idea of the process involved with the non reversible side of things and make sure you choose a good filter - not a wet filter as this damages the maf

that help? :D

·
74 Posts
ive got the carbonio and although it was a bit tricky to fit i did notice a difference in performance id certainly recommend it to anyone

·
385 Posts
Dan22 said:
cool

Sorry to be a pain but what about BMC?
Dan I have the BMC and I am pleased with it. It sounds nice with my milly between 3 and 4000 RPM and I have the added peace of mind that, unlike most carbonio/EIP owners who have theirs down at the bottom grille mine sits up in the engine bay with the feed pipe runing to the original air intake point (just under bonnet) so not much chance of water getting in. I would rather sit my pipe there than run the risk of doing my engine in. Performance wise I could feel the difference in throttle response and with my remap (which was done by chippeduk for only 200 spondoolicks at inters!!! looking at you macd and wayne:rock: ) and milly it feeels like a new car!! Hope this helps.

·
544 Posts
my filter is locked inside the case so no heat soak as the cold air is piped directly too it so no heat just cold air always.

·
3,732 Posts
MATR32 said:
my filter is locked inside the case so no heat soak as the cold air is piped directly too it so no heat just cold air always.
my point exactly :151:

i've been looking at this to:

The In-force-air (Enforcer) is a cold air canister reducing air intake temperatures and therefore increasing air density to increase power (BHP).

Conventional cone filters look great and sound great and improve power on the rollers(with the bonnet up). But shut the bonnet and they only draw hot air from the engine bay - so you actually lose power. To overcome this Blue Flame has developed the "InForceAir" which with its titanium sleeve insulates the filter from under bonnet temperatures only allowing cold air to be fed into the engine. Cold air is drawn (force fed) via a 3.00" flexi cold air pipe placed directly into the air flow keeping intake temperatures to a minimum and BHP to a MAX!

same principle :D

available from our friends over at http://www.blueflameperformance.com/car/

·
544 Posts
i looked at this when i got my exhaust and it does look good and is well made aswell.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts