VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Is this a pain in the behind so to speak? I'm thinking of a change of colour under the bonnet and the silver standard colour will not fit in with what I have in mind

Thanks in advance

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
Yes, but do-able. What's your mechanical skill like, and you'll need some proper tools including an extra long *umm, I forget - someone post it up* for the front manifold bolts + a small mirror.

*I think it's a 6mm? Allen head?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had the inlet off mine recently to fit exhaust manifolds. The thought of doing it was far worse than the deed itself. Once you have the front bumper off and front cross member pulled forward its quite straight forward. A few pipe clips at the rear of the inlet manifold and two Allen bolts (one either side) and 10 6mm allen's along the front and lift it off. You'll have to remove the coil pack plugs and pull the wiring aside prior to that and a few other bits I'm sure. The part that gave me hassle was putting the front cross member back at the right position so that the panel gap between the headlights and wings were right.

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Fairly straight forward just awkward. Toffs correct was me.

A long ball ended allen key for the bolt just above the alternator. Bumper, take that off. The drop forward the slam panel and rads. The rads then have to dropped out of their housin to allow u too see the manifold bolts.

I have some pics on the computer at home and can post up

Sent from my dog and bone by crash bandicoot

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one for that guys, I will certainly be giving it a go. Going to wait until September and have a big hit transforming the engine bay

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bit of new piping, just done my coolant caps, water cap etc, once I have a colour scheme to go for I will then spray manifold inlet, engine cover battery cover, and coolant cover once I purchase on that is
all takes time and patience

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
Ahhh, I think I do it the 'hard' way and just remove the front bumber.
Then undoing the crossmember bolts I use 2 large screwdrivers to keep the whole front end in place but allowing a few inches to come forward.

Using a mirror I fiddle and phaff trying to get all the manifold bolts out like this - seems like removing the front end out much more (like people say above) is quicker!

T

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Time will tell, I will let you know how I get on when it comes down to it. Got insurance to pay for in the mean time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts