VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know of someone selling a nitrous kit, I'm looking to find out how hard it is to install? I'm no mechanic, infact i'm far from it. I would have to take this to a garage, or if it's easy enough - DougalR.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

G

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I've seen a few NOS install videos on youtube but never an R32 specific.

Videos like this might help you (there's loads on youtube)

·
1,538 Posts
My mate had direct to port so injectors on each runner near head.

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,320 Posts
No point on a NA R32. I have run NOS on several cars before. There are many different types of kits plus a 10lb bottle was about £70 to fill last time i filled one which will only last about five minutes of use. NOS is only for drag cars really or big turbo dyno cars.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No point on a NA R32. I have run NOS on several cars before. There are many different types of kits plus a 10lb bottle was about £70 to fill last time i filled one which will only last about five minutes of use. NOS is only for drag cars really or big turbo dyno cars.
The one that I've seen for sale is going fairly cheap.

Unless there's no risk of damage to the car, I will probably be installing it. Even if there's a small performance increase for me it is worth it.

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,320 Posts
All your do is make your car run lean which can cause damage to the engine. NOS kits come with many different size injector nozzles depending on how much air to add. At the moment your car is mapped to work the best it can with the air/fuel supplied. Unless you get a custom map for when you inject the extra air your car will loose power as the air/fuel ratio will be wrong. The kits are cheap to buy but expensive to use. If you want the car to go faster you would be much better off spending the money on uprated ARB`s, brakes etc but up to you your money.

Reactions: PaulW

·
231 Posts
The one that I've seen for sale is going fairly cheap.

Unless there's no risk of damage to the car, I will probably be installing it. Even if there's a small performance increase for me it is worth it.
Ideally you need a secondary map on your car to sun with the nos. Nitrous is not cheap to set up, or run properly, nor does it have any real use on a road car, other than invalidate your insurance.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have a wizard of nos kit, with progressive nos controller. Cost £900 was £1800 kit, big bottle, comes with a heat mat wrapped on bottle to heat the bottle up, have contacted wizard of nos in the past, in nottingham, try giving them a call if you need more info, & look for DIY tutorial online. Also Most performance shop do fitting, don't look that hard if you know your about wiring in cars, also you will need to put feed into inlet manifold if I'm right will have alook at my set up tommrow or Sunday let you know how many wires, & so on pal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a wizard of nos kit, with progressive nos controller. Cost £900 was £1800 kit, big bottle, comes with a heat mat wrapped on bottle to heat the bottle up, have contacted wizard of nos in the past, in nottingham, try giving them a call if you need more info, & look for DIY tutorial online. Also Most performance shop do fitting, don't look that hard if you know your about wiring in cars, also you will need to put feed into inlet manifold if I'm right will have alook at my set up tommrow or Sunday let you know how many wires, & so on pal.
Thank you very much for your advice R32 ZEE. I shall most probably be doing what you advised in the next two days, busy week ahead of me though!

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Genuinely no idea what that means
. Is that an easy job? Embaressing I know.
It's in the vid I posted showing the difference between single fogger and direct port

·
Registered
852 Posts
Unless there's no risk of damage to the car.
Unless it's a 'wet' kit that has a controller configured for your set up or it's a 'dry' kit and you have the ecu remapped for the extra O2 your squirting into the intake, there is a big risk you'll damage your engine. You'll run lean and possibly get extreme det that will destroy the tops of your pistons!
No disrespect intended but it's clear you don't understand the fundamentals of internal combustion engines and you're also ignoring the advice of members who have used the solution, some extensively, in the past. As mentioned, fitting it is the easy bit!

Paul

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Unless it's a 'wet' kit that has a controller configured for your set up or it's a 'dry' kit and you have the ecu remapped for the extra O2 your squirting into the intake, there is a big risk you'll damage your engine. You'll run lean and possibly get extreme det that will destroy the tops of your pistons!
No disrespect intended but it's clear you don't understand the fundamentals of internal combustion engines and you're also ignoring the advice of members who have used the solution, some extensively, in the past. As mentioned, fitting it is the easy bit!

Paul
As yongsyp mention dry kit & wet kit best to get wet as the dry kit damage the pistons & will need remap, I've been using RS Tuning in Leeds for my mapping.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts