VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awaiting my re map to return from regal so just drove it home steady on the stage 1 map. but does feel a lot faster even up to 3k. also fitted the new belt tensioner and seems to work a treat no sign of the dreaded slip as yet.

I will find some pics of the audio and inside. bare with me.....

Lee

·
4,328 Posts
Cool, sounds nice. Did you get the whole kit through regal or just the remap from them?

Yey ive always wanted to see some pics of it but have never been able to find any :(

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind words.

The F1 install should be amazing, hopefully Alpine will be pleased...

We are going to be using lots of ally in the install for all the speaker baffles etc to tie in with the original trim.

Ill pop some pics on here as we go as well.

Lee

·
3,137 Posts
lookin good, very jealous of both the installs

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
looks good. and more pics of the sc. never really seen how the intake side of it works. like where is the air filter and does it still use the maf sensor?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
388 Posts
Your install looks nice, did you fit the stage 2 upgrade yourself? What were the instructions like for the stage 2, I have yet to be fitted stage 2 kit and the instructions consist of 15 photos and no words.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes, did it myself, with a little help at times (some bits are better done with a mate)

No instructions as you say but most bits are self axplainatory.

Basically:

remove bumper and under tray.
Un do all charger pipework, and remove inlet including maf/airfilter.
remove charger and change pully.
bolt in tensioner
fit intercooler
Run new belt and re fit charger
Install new pipework and move horn
fit resistor for Maf sensor
change fuel presure reg
cut rear of bumper for pipework and re fit.

took 6 hours in total.

Lee

·
540 Posts
very nice buddy!!

wish i had all the gear,tools and space to do mine myself but just thot sod it get someone else to do it.saves me hassle a scrapped knuckles!!!haha

mine is on order along with race file and Porsche big brake kit!!will all b fitted middle of jan!!cant wait.

stage one is great so can only hope for bigger and better things!!wwhhhooooooo

did you buy the belt tensioner separate?? how much do they cost and do you just get it from vf??

·
375 Posts
Nice one it looks the biz
Andy your gonna need those brakes
with that extra power are they the front & rears

·
3,137 Posts
Lee, interested to hear more about the tensioner. Does it totally eradicate the belt problems that some people are having?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i will let you know, like i said im waiting for the map so havn't fully tested yet but done a steady test drive after install and no sign of any slip. also no slip when reving the car on the ramp which it used to.

so fingers crossed.

I dont think it helps if it has been sliping as the belt would glaze so i gues a new belt would make sense if you were adding it.

lee

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Looking very, very nice :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts