VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Currently insured through Elephant for my first year of owning my MK4 R32 - It's now around renewal time (Although I have not yet recieved my renewal documents).

I've had been driving as a named driver for 3 years prior to obtaining the R32, which I CAN prove, but I only have the 1 years no claims from my current policy. I also have no points or anything of the sort on my licence.

Does anybody know of any companies, other than Elephant/Admiral etc that may be competetive for a 21 year old (22 in October) for the R?

Thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stick with those two unless you're a student then endsleigh
I am a student, but I don't believe Endsleigh have offered me a quote so I'm not too sure on them.
Getting an early quote from Confused.com is showing £650, £648 if I add Coilovers and Alloys to the policy. So I might just go there.

Thanks

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'm a student too, insured with them last year when i was 21 via confused.com on my R32

Might be worth contacting them, getting a quote over the phone and asking if they'll beat £648.

Had a non-fault accident last year (not the R32) and they've been amazing.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a student too, insured with them last year when i was 21 via confused.com on my R32

Might be worth contacting them, getting a quote over the phone and asking if they'll beat £648.

Had a non-fault accident last year (not the R32) and they've been amazing.
Endsleigh would not insure me under my current circumstances. Would be fantastic if there was someone who took into account the fact that I have previous driving experience (3 years, no claims). But that doesn't seem to be a thing.

I'll ring around the "cheap" companies when it's closer to the time and see if I can get any compariable quotes.

Thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts
Definitely give Adrian flux and Chris Knott insurance a try mate, I had very good quotes from them given the area I live. Which were both £200 cheaper than my renewal

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd assume that since you've replied, Tim and Dan, that Prestige and Flux will consider a 21 year old on an R32 policy? Chris Knott wouldn't until I was 25.

I'll give both a ring when it gets closer to my renewal date.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts