VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im running through a few insurance quotes. When i use GoCompare im trying to enter windscreen claim from a couple of years back. .

However, the site wants the £ value of the claim. Ive got the National Windscreen invoice detailing the £60 excess but no sign of an overall claim total.

It may be the compare sites disregard the value as a windscreen is a windscreen surely. Ive stuck in £100 as a placeholder. I know screens can be expensive but i gather these companies dont pay the full whack and use non OEM screens.

Any thoughts or is it just a case of asking the insurance company?

·
4,420 Posts

·
19,388 Posts
Although historicly it's not been counted as a claim, I've noticed recently that some insurance companies are asking specific questions regarding windscreen and glass claims.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Although historicly it's not been counted as a claim, I've noticed recently that some insurance companies are asking specific questions regarding windscreen and glass claims.
As Bob says. Insurance companies now are not even covering windscreens as standard to keep policy prices down. Worth paying a bigger premium to save money on reg transfers windscreen or address changes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts