VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Purchased My first modification the other day so thought I'd share with you all...
Got a brushed chrome headlight switch direct from VW. Planning to do the full interior switch upgrade but didn't have £150 for the full set from VW so started with the headlight switch (£60) could have got a full set for less than half price on fleabay from China but wanted proper parts...

Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering part Grey Car
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Also got some led number plate lights but will update post when it's dark to get a pic

Number plate LEDs and interior LEDs now fitted

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive lighting Street light Window Bumper Headlamp
Car Vehicle Automotive design Automotive mirror Automotive lighting
Car Speedometer Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

Just the boot light to go now

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
what P/N is that under from VW mate? I just got my mate to get one from TPS but hes not sure until thursday if its the correct one!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn Wrex!!! Can he get me the window and mirror switches with them sort of discounts??!!
lol
I'll check out that site in a bit Ryhan

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would to be able to tell you Grant but I've only had the car about a month and they came with it! I haven't yet seen another one with the same so I was gonna ask on here at some point if anybody knew if it was a VW option!! Lol
I'll get some pics of it today and will ask the forum if anybody knows

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's definitely not dipped.... It's like a gel sticker covering!! When I finish work I'll put some pics up
It's on the centre console, around the light switch, around the door handles, around the dsg and even the fuel cap switch!! It must be a set from VW as I'm sure if it was from fleabay there wouldn't be so many pieces loool

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Ah, I see what you mean on a closer look. I don't recall seeing anything like that from VW so maybe it's an aftermarket kit?

This maybe?

fityourself.co.uk/en/volkswagen/775432-rhd-vw-jetta-mk5-dash-trim-kit-3m-3d-17-parts.html#/dash_trim_style-3m_3d_piano_black

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ah, I see what you mean on a closer look. I don't recall seeing anything like that from VW so maybe it's an aftermarket kit?

This maybe?

fityourself.co.uk/en/volkswagen/775432-rhd-vw-jetta-mk5-dash-trim-kit-3m-3d-17-parts.html#/dash_trim_style-3m_3d_piano_black
Nice thanks! Can't see the headlight one though hmm. I'd also need the mk5 shape climate surround that fits the mk6 climatronic.. Think it's a Jetta piece? Don't see that, might contact them

·
Registered
393 Posts
Purchased My first modification the other day so thought I'd share with you all...
Got a brushed chrome headlight switch direct from VW. Planning to do the full interior switch upgrade but didn't have £150 for the full set from VW so started with the headlight switch (£60) could have got a full set for less than half price on fleabay from China but wanted proper parts...

View attachment 140681
View attachment 140689

Also got some led number plate lights but will update post when it's dark to get a pic

Number plate LEDs and interior LEDs now fitted

View attachment 141065

View attachment 141073
View attachment 141081
View attachment 142841
View attachment 142849

Just the boot light to go now
Hello mate. Did you get these white bulbs from ebay as I seen a full set for around £18 but not sure if there any good. Can anybody please recomend??

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hi mevstaaa,

I did get the bulbs from eBay but I didn't get a set I purchased all the 501's and the different festoons separately I think all in all I paid about £13 for the full set!

This is the eBay number for the 501's I got! 161629831750
I think I used 9 in total I think the boot is a festoon! But I honestly can't remember! These 501's dim fine in the footwells aswell

2 footwells (drivers side a bit tricky)
4 interior curtesy (2 festoons required also)
2 sun visor
1 glove box (a bit tricky also)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts