VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I recently serviced the gen 2 haldex on my 06 MKV R32,
New oil, filter and removed the pre-charge pump to check the Inlet screen, it was spotless,
Car has 50k miles on it with no prior haldex service history but showed no codes or symptoms prior to servicing suggesting a pre charge pump failure or problem with the haldex,
After replacing the o-rings and re installing the pump I took the car for a spin and put the boot down and got alot of wheelspin which I've never had before driving the car on a dry road, scanned the car for codes and noticed a intermittent fault for haldex clutch lower pressure limit exceeded and a static fault for the clutch lower pressure limit exceeded, could this be caused by air in the haldex unit just after servicing? I brought the car for a second drive after checking these faults and did a few pulls with no wheel spin however on the way back home I ended up getting alot of wheelspin on a pull when the haldex faulted again for low clutch pressure,
I got the car back home and checked oil level was correct by opening the fill plug and it was as oil flowed out with the car level, I also got the pre charge pump to run on obdeleven which makes me think that's operating okay aswell? During one final drive I monitored clutch pressure on obd eleven and it was hovering around 2bar but once I dropped the boot it immediately shot up to around 25 bar which I assume is normal operating pressure,
Has anyone ever experienced this before? I'm worried I damaged either of the 2 O-rings on my pre-charge pump on re-installation as it was quite tight in putting the pump back in, I had to snug the pump back into the haldex housing by pulling it down with the 2 attaching screws,
I'd be grateful if you guys could give me feedback if you experienced this when servicing your gen 2 haldexes,
Thanks.

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,338 Posts
First thing would be to check for oil leaks. If ther only thing you removed was the oil filter and pump make sure they are not showing signs of leaking as 29 bar is quiet a bit of pressure .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I could see when I went to check if the pump was working there was no oil leaks, I read somewhere that between 20-30bar was the operating pressure for the haldex clutch when it is engaged which makes me think maybe its just air in the system from servicing but I didn't hear of anyone else having the same issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts