VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed this about a week ago, some times myleft side light works, other times it dosn't!!!
any thoughts?

Dodgy fuse or computer?

The bulb must be ok to work some of the time.

Guy

·
243 Posts
I have the same problem with my dipped headlight. Sometimes it comes on first time, other times I need to switch the lights on & off a few times to get it to come on. I've replaced the switch but it's still the same!

·
3,137 Posts
I had the same problem on the drivers side xenon, until it got smashed and I had to replace it

·
190 Posts
I had the same problem with the N/S sidelight and it seems to be fine since i replaced the bulb with them LEDs from ultraleds

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Sounds to me like the bulb is knackered. Sometimes the bulbs do this so get it changed and no doubt it'll solve the problem.

·
389 Posts
It'll be the bulb, I used to think I was having electrical issues until one day when the sidelight wasn't working, I closed the bonnet and the 'bump' brought the bulb back on, worked for a couple of weeks and then went out again, so I gave the headlight cluster a firm tap on the front with my palm, it came back on and I got another few days out of it before it actually wouldn't come back on.

I can only assume the fillament was broken but due to the orientation of the bulb in the cluster it may still be touching and making the circuit. Obviously at the end of the day a new sidelight bulb is needed, but just to confirm it's nothing more than that, it may just be worth giving the cluster a 'tap' or the bonnet a mild 'slam'...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts