VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I bought a silver anniversary edition in 03'. Modified her over the years; ended up with stg 3 plus from ARP. Forged rods etc. Very fast but no traction. Sold her last year at a great loss obviously. Bought a MK4 R32(silver) sight unseen from Florida (I live in west Michigan).

We went in and replaced just about everything. It even had the stock suspension on it, couldn't believe it.

Had Jay at speed density motorsports build me up a VR6 with aluminum rods, high comp. pistons bored 1.5mm, titanium springs/retainers, cams. Upgraded motor mounts, high flow cats, mangna-flo exahust. Wookie sound is gone but the sound is amazing. Fred at Unitronics flashed computer. Programed to run E-85. 550 injectors.

Not as fast as I thought she would be. I'm trying to contact Vito from Exit9 but I think I have the wrong number and e-mail. (any help with this would be very appreciated). I want to do an auxiliary cogged pulley set up with a Rotrex C38 supercharger to hopefully het over 500BHP.

I also just purchased a 3"FMIC and HPA big brake front and back system(blue).

I have all the parts to complete this build except for the supercharger "kit" with bracketry.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME! pain face/crying emogie. My e-mail is: [email protected]

·
Registered
858 Posts
Welcome to the OC!

Sounds epic, please please please do a build thread hahaha

The wookie sounds go with the bigger end of cam profiles.

NA these engines are well know to not tune well, there's a huge experiment thread by Powerdubs on this topic I another forum (don't know of I can mention it but easily googled) very expensive for little gain but they are very adapt at taking FI and it sounds like you are all set. That's going to be a rocket!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pulled the trigger on a Rotrex C38-91 last night. Reached out to Robert from VMS, Verdict Motorsports; hopefully he can help with bracket and pulley set up. Running out of options here in the states; I think I might end up looking across the pond. My mechanic said he can machine one but it's just going to be cheaper and easier obviously to source a kit. It wouldn't be fun unless it's a pain in the ass right? Was fiddling with my Tial wastegate last night. Any help on which spring set up for 500HP? Also lookin into a manual boost controller.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I most likely won't be doing a build thread sorry guys; but I will for sure post pics of the final set up. I work like 80 hours a week and then the fam time. I just turned 47 so I'm getting old. Speaking of old I, and not computer savvy, I'll probly have a hard time uploading the pics haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts