VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
19,389 Posts
TT week is upon us once more.

If you want to catch up on each days events, there is a program on ITV4 at 9pm each night.

Sadly we've already lost a rider earlier in the week during qualifying, Yoshinari Matsushita.

·
4,420 Posts
I was watching bits earlier, the speeds are unbelievable

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Road racing is on a different planet. Those riders are amazing. Will be glued to it as always.

I remember going to the north west 200 as a young lad with my dad and that's what sparked my enthusiasm for bikes, remember hanging over a hedge wondering what all the fuss was eating a ice cream and Joey Dunlop came past on the vimto Honda vtr sp2 at 200mph and all I could smell was this intoxicating mix of petrol, oil and rubber and my interest was born!

Done my bike test at 17 before my car test and had a Aprilia rs250 for few weeks, Havnt rode since, that was 10 years ago. Would love to get back in the saddle some day, have a real soft spot for a big duke after watching fogarty back in the day.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
[sub]I hate bikes![/sub]

[sub]Love the TT though, defies the lawas of physiscs!! [/sub]

[sub]41miles in 18 minutes? [/sub]

·
1,243 Posts
I've been seeing all the bikers on their way through Liverpool to the docks. Proper jealous love the TT and hoping mc Guinness manages a 20th

I've had 3 dukes can't beat them.

·
19,389 Posts
[sub]I hate bikes![/sub]

[sub]Love the TT though, defies the lawas of physiscs!! [/sub]

[sub]41miles in 18 minutes? [/sub]
37 miles at an average of 129mph on a superbike:)

The Supersport 600s are not that much slower.

Reactions: Lee.apr

·
19,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You ever went a lap of iom circuit on any of your bikes?
Just out of interest

Regards
Vrt
Sadly never been to the IOM and I don't think I could trust myself not to kill myself:)

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Can you watch it live. Starts at 14:15 but I can't find it on any channel...

·
19,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you watch it live. Starts at 14:15 but I can't find it on any channel...
Only highlights on ITV4 at 9pm everyday.

Not aware of it being streamed live but you could watch the webcams

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Only highlights on ITV4 at 9pm everyday.

Not aware of it being streamed live but you could watch the webcams
How do I do that?

·
19,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How do I do that?
I think there are some feeds on IOMTT.com.

As it's a time trial with each rider going off at 10 sec intervals and racing against the clock it's very difficult to follow compared to normal racing.

G

·
Road racing is on a different planet. Those riders are amazing. Will be glued to it as always.

I remember going to the north west 200 as a young lad with my dad and that's what sparked my enthusiasm for bikes, remember hanging over a hedge wondering what all the fuss was eating a ice cream and Joey Dunlop came past on the vimto Honda vtr sp2 at 200mph and all I could smell was this intoxicating mix of petrol, oil and rubber and my interest was born!

Done my bike test at 17 before my car test and had a Aprilia rs250 for few weeks, Havnt rode since, that was 10 years ago. Would love to get back in the saddle some day, have a real soft spot for a big duke after watching fogarty back in the day.
What happened? Did you come off it?

·
19,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Great fun those little 2 strokes. Had a Suzuki RGV250 myself, although one of the least powerful bikes I've owned it was one of the most fun:)

·
1,243 Posts
I love strikers too had a rg125 gamma, cagiva mito, mk1 rs250. I'd love a mc28 pro arm but the cost of them is just stupid.

·
719 Posts
I love strikers too had a rg125 gamma, cagiva mito, mk1 rs250. I'd love a mc28 pro arm but the cost of them is just stupid.
I also had an rg125 then an rgv250 then I raced that then got into gp bikes and had a few honda rs250,s

Reactions: cuprabob

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I think there are some feeds on IOMTT.com.

As it's a time trial with each rider going off at 10 sec intervals and racing against the clock it's very difficult to follow compared to normal racing.
Oh so theres never a live showing like in F1?

·
19,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh so theres never a live showing like in F1?
No and can't remember if there ever was. Back in tne day it used to be around of the World Championship, so possibly then.

The event lasts a week and the majority of the riders ride 6 classes of bike now so would be hard to have all races live.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
No and can't remember if there ever was. Back in tne day it used to be around of the World Championship, so possibly then.

The event lasts a week and the majority of the riders ride 6 classes of bike now so would be hard to have all races live.
Oh ok, I thought the super bike race was televised that's all

1 - 20 of 24 Posts