VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello chaps,

I purchased a ipod interface from ebay from a company from digi-buys that would allow me to keep the cd player facility, i received it today and stripped my dash down to fit the kit and low and behold the connections dont fit. So i built the console back up and emailed the seller.

He has now got back in touch and has asked me to take a picture of the back of the stereo unit so he can identify the connections i require.

Now, i dont fancy stripping the dash back down, so i am hoping one of you fellas might have a picture of some sort that i could send him to solve the problem.

Cheers people

Ps i have a mkv r32 with the standard stereo.:idea:

·
100 Posts
can you post the item number as it looks like you may have one to fit a mk4 which would be very handy.

·
1,432 Posts
Ah I guess in the MkV its not a simple case of inserting radio removal keys and out it pops?
Come to think of it IIRC the MkIV was a PITA to remove aswell.

Hope you get it sorted :)

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
I did the standard VW iPod kit in my MkV with piccies off someone's website - lots of screws and clips..... Works fine tho', slight squeek from the top air vent - fixed with the occasional thump :argh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gogsie said:
can you post the item number as it looks like you may have one to fit a mk4 which would be very handy.
Its not a oem part, so i am not sure if the item number would be any good to you but it says "type std-2x6" on the box or model no. "al20071 (for ipod)".

Any one with a pic or diagram?:s:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JayCee said:
I did the standard VW iPod kit in my MkV with piccies off someone's website - lots of screws and clips..... Works fine tho', slight squeek from the top air vent - fixed with the occasional thump :argh:
I can strip the dash down and build it back up no probs after yesterdays exploits but i am not really kean on doing it more than i have to, kind of tempting fate isnt it.

It didnt have a picture of the back of the stereo in the link did it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts