VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why does nobody (apart from denison) make a decent dash mount for the ipod. Everything I find looks pig ugly. I want something sleek.

I've got a "dashmount bracket" and want a nice neat looking holder for the ipod. I'm using the aux in via a 3.5mm jack and rcas at the moment but am open to any other ideas you have.

I grudge paying 80-100 quid for the denison ice link plus but being able to charge the ipod would be a bonus.

·
1,432 Posts
How about placing the ipod in the wallet holder in the glove compartment. This is something many of the US guys do, of course this is only viable if you have control of the ipod from your head unit and dont need to use the actual ipod click wheel.

·
Registered
184 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
How about placing the ipod in the wallet holder in the glove compartment.
This is what I did. Great for security, but the only drawback is that the standard VAG headunits (including the MFD Satnav ones) do not display the title/artist of the tune that's playing. Viewing the ipod screen is the only way to see this information.

What I've seen some people do is fit an ipod cradle in place of the ashtray. This looks good, and the cover slides over it when not in use.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
antera309 said:
What I've seen some people do is fit an ipod cradle in place of the ashtray. This looks good, and the cover slides over it when not in use.
Gotta say I prefer mine in the glove box, very discrete and I just setup play lists which you access thru' the cd 1-6 buttons.

·
387 Posts

·
387 Posts
top job - loving the belly-button mod bill, any further... ahem, more discreet mods???? ;)

·
387 Posts
Apologies for making you blush :aetsch:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts