VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so today my new bonnet bra arrived which is something i was determined to get my hands on before the epic road trip to the ring with the club this year...only so many stone chips i am prepared to put up with (luckily so far only on the bumper and now the bonnet so a respray will go hand in hand with my wheel refurb this summer)

ive got a couple of hours drive at the crack of dawn in the morning to get to this freebee landrover experience so i thought i would get the car cleaned and get it on before the morning, one less thing to do and all that...plus longer duvet time

this of course means i was outside washing and waxing the car in the dark tonight :D the mrs thinks i have taken the love of the car one step too far but i'm sure i cant be the only one who thinks that washing the car at night isnt weird... am i on my own with this? lol :D

some pix in the darkness:

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
If you were just washing and waxing the car for the fun of it in the dark then yes it would be sad. As you were doing it for a reason that makes it perfectly fine, i know loads of people who do it and have done it, i was out in the dark last night helping wash a mates lupo ready for the RR day today :)

·
1,184 Posts
Helping to wash a Lupo...you sh***ng me? Just turn the bucket on its' side, drive it in, drive it out and surely job done? Next time get the borrowers round to clean it?!

I have been known to wash my car in the dark many a time..and sometimes just to make sure i wake up to a clean .:R!

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S19 MYD said:
Helping to wash a Lupo...you sh***ng me? Just turn the bucket on its' side, drive it in, drive it out and surely job done?
LMFARO :xD

i love lupo's...... but thats feckin funny hahaha

·
1,184 Posts
I love em too-my sister in law has one and is now on the search for a low mileage GTi...... but i love a sneaky joke too!

When I moved her car the other day I had to open her panoramic sunroof just to get in the little beauty!

They are just like baby Rs esp in blue!

·
3,137 Posts
S19 MYD said:
Helping to wash a Lupo...you sh***ng me? Just turn the bucket on its' side, drive it in, drive it out and surely job done? Next time get the borrowers round to clean it?!

I have been known to wash my car in the dark many a time..and sometimes just to make sure i wake up to a clean .:R!
hahaha thats pretty funny. VC I don't see anything wrong with washing in the dark especialy as you had a reason. Think I'm quite lucky as my missus is into the R nearly as much as me. When idecided to buy the exhaust I asked her which she would prefer, the res or non res and she said defo the non res.

So how is the bonnet bra working out? Does it fit well? Are you worried about it scratching the paint underneath?

I fancy one for the summer as they always chip the roads up here then and its hellish for getting the car chipped

·
1,149 Posts
S19 MYD said:
hahahahahahahah, that's very funny i like it, if only things in life were that simple!

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dubzter said:
So how is the bonnet bra working out? Does it fit well? Are you worried about it scratching the paint underneath?
ive used them on previous cars so an old hand with them. if you get a decent one they will be foam padded and lined with adjustable straps rather than elastic. mines a VAG one rather than a copy and fits like a glove and has the usual wind deflectors. i'm not suggesting that i fractured any speed limits at all today other than to say its fits well and tight and doesnt move even when you get over 120mph+ :wink:

just make sure your car is bone dry when you install it, i'm only putting mine on for long journeys so its not a daily thing...even though it looks pretty good imho...so good in fact that for the first time in ownership i had someone asking to buy my car from me today lol.... cha... like thats gunna happen :D

·
236 Posts
Washing it in the dark,buying it underwear all pretty normal if you ask me.

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
pas 55 said:
Washing it in the dark,buying it underwear all pretty normal if you ask me.
Well my Girlfriend asked," me what are you reading" ..................
An R with a bra, You can undo my bra in a second but I bet you cant undo that one in a second :blushed:, Why has it got one ?, What do you put on the rear ?.....................:unsure:

I said it's a bra to protect the bonnet of the car,lol.

·
575 Posts
Brought a bra last year for a trip up to Scotland,was impressed with it.
only trouble was .felt a bit of a tit when people asked what it was.Thought it broke the blue up and set the front of the car off quite nicely..

·
132 Posts
Quite like the look of the bras. No pun intended!

Got anymore pics?

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
will take some in the daylight for you before i take it off...ooh er :D

...i wonder if i still have that 1 handed technique

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Ha,ha,ha,

Just finger and thumb technique,lol.(One second).

·
132 Posts
Cheers! Should be easy to get off! Just click you fingers ha,ha
Always works for me!

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
excuse the wrinkles, i was removing it to wash the car when i remembered to take the photo but you get the idea :D

·
132 Posts
Cheers, thanks for that. Seriously thinking about getting myself one for those long motorway runs. As a bonus it'll cover up the chips that are already there! ha ha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts