VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it's been mentioned a couple of times, I thought I would do a very brief review on the ITG Pro-Filter

Merlin Motorsport Shop - MkIV R32 ITG Pro-Filter (£53.53 + p&p)

Having removed the OEM filter (which was very dirty) and hoovering all round the air box, I installed the ITG filter. First of all I noticed that it's not as thick at the OEM one, and lighter too... guess this is due to it being foam rather than paper.

Installing only took a minute or 2 at most, as it's a simple case of undoing 2 screws and lifting off the air box cover which reveals the filter!

Once installed I took the car for a quick (5 min) spin. First thing which seems apparent is quicker throttle response and less hesitation. When flooring it and getting into the high revs, it may be slightly louder than OEM, but as I have the non-res Millteks fitted this was actually hard to judge. However, from outside I would assume it to give a louder induction noise.

Although I was not expecting any changes, I certainly feel that this has been a worth while addition... and would recommend it to everyone, mainly those who are in need of a replacement filter... if you need to change it, you might as well spend the extra money and get one of these rather than an OEM one!

·
1,485 Posts
Nice, I hope to give an OEM vs. BMC vs. ITG soon.

·
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ed, how did you find the BMC over the OEM?

I know yours is a MkV, but I would assume the effects are going to be roughly the same as on a MkIV!

·
1,485 Posts
As I have done all my Mods in stages, it's hard o recall as the BMC was my first.

If I sell the BMC soon, I'll stick the standard filter in for a couple of weeks and see how it runs.

Generally, I think the BMC allowed the engine to rev slighter more freely, slight change in induction note and again, slight high RPM throttle response improvment.

I have a blog of my car (Simular to Daves) on another forum which has been running since June 2007, so will check to see what I wrote there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts