VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:party::party:

Finally got my number plates yesterday and went straight to the dealer to collect the car.:vroam:

It was chucking it down with rain all afternoon, but stopped about 30 mins before I arrived.:151:

It then rained all night, yet also miraculously stopped just as my other half took the car to work. I just had 5mins to take a quick snapshot.

Hopefully I'll be able to take some decent pics in a better location this weekend. We're heading to a forest/lakeside location (although a typhoon is forecast, so I may take the Scoob instead). Don't want any trees falling on the .:R do I!

Some better pics to follow. But here we go for now.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And the old nail that I will be keeping for a while too. One thing I'm not gonna miss..... Turbo Lag!

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As I included the Scoob pic above, I thought I'd add some of my previous motors too....

I had a Corrado VR6 and a bike before I left the UK... The Corrado went to a good home.

Suzuki SV650s, a great first bike!

Before the 'Rado I had a Polo G40.

Supercharged 1.3 and only weighed 830kg. I surprised a few :084: in BMW's in London! (The POLO_CL badges helped):stupido3:

Before the G40 I had a 3-dr Mk2 Golf GTi 8v, but don't have any decent pics of it. That was my first car.

I nearly got one of these instead of the R32.......

The latest Nissan Skyline (different wheels). It has a 3.5L V6. (no turbo's)... same engine from the Nissan Murano 4x4. I think they look wicked, but due to having a nipper on the way, a 2-door coupe wasn't the most practical choice.

Has anybody seen one in the UK? I don't think they are officially available.

My favourite car for grin factor was the Polo G40. If you get a chance to drive one, have a go, it's an absolute hoot! :congrats:(although the brakes are somewhat inadequate).

James (and I finally managed to post an images that didn't get resized!)

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
thats an infiniti G35 isnt it? Very cool cars, same engine as the 350z (Z33 Fairlady in japan i think).

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aye, they're called Infinity G35 in the states. The US version actually has more power from the factory that the Japanese spec.

They look mint IMO.

Called Nissan Skyline V35 here.

They make a saloon version too, which looks like a modern day Primera.

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The important thing is the Missus likes the R! This is a MASSIVE relief as we're going from a practical estate car to a hatch with a smallish-ish boot.

I'm still learning my way around all the controls.

Initial points I love are... exhaust note (and I haven't done flapper mod yet)
Auto-levelling headlights when you start up.
Coming/leaving home lights when in auto-headlight mode.

Here is another pic, as you can see, I have the best car in the car park.

(You should see the wheels on the other motor, I will post pics up soon, it's a proper Gangsta ride, even got a dark tinted front screen) :afraid: Cars like this usually mean yakuza (maaan, I hope he doesn't read this!):afraid:

I also met a dude with a heavily modded Mk4 R who lives about 15mins down the road from me in Tokyo. Spotted him on vortex. Small world eh?

·
1,432 Posts
Surprised I didnt spot this thread earlier, anyhow :hello: James.

How much are those new Nissan Skylines, I remember reading about them in a magazine and they expected them to be around £50k or so.

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Skyline Coupe 350GT (ie 3.5L V6, rwd), in highest trim level (before accessories) is 3.8million yen, which at todays rate is....

16,300 GBP

313.3PS (309bhp) @6800rpm, 358Nm (264lbft) @4800rpm (in Nismo spec tune)

I didn't test drive one, as a 2 door car didn't meet my requirements (a sign of growing up!)

They do offer a saloon version, but it looks like a Primera or something (In 2.5l or 3.5l V6 spec).

The "50grand" car you are thinking of Fifty, is probably the GTR spec, which isn't available yet. Evo magazine did a feature of the concept a couple of years ago, but the car is being officially launched at the Tokyo motor show next month (I'm going so will post pics).

The true Skyline lovers the world over think that nissan have gone soft for calling an NA car a Skyline. I don't recall if the GTR will be FI.

For reference with the pricing, a 2 door manual R32 costs 4.23million yen ie 18,150 GBP (euro cars are normally more pricey than Japanese) and a 350Z is from 16,000 GBP

·
1,432 Posts
Ive already made contact with my local Japanese car importer about one of these or perhaps a MkV R32 :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Tokyo - good to see good use of a few Putney riverside spots for those shots - I live near Putney Common, so may do the same! Where were you when you lived here?

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Small world eh?

I've lived on Disraeli Road, then Armoury Way in Wandworth, now own a place I rent out on Upper Richmond Road.

If you like spicy foods, I reccommend Munal (Nepalese curry restaurant) on Upper Richmond Road! And Talad Thai (also on Upper Richmond Road).

I "met" an R32 owner on vwvortex who only lives 10mins down the road from me here in Tokyo.

·
1,184 Posts
Just read your thread Tokyo...and yes keep seeing one at local ASDA...doesn't turn heads like my R so you def made the best choice! Plus he is not popular as he always parks in disabled so my grandad hates him!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts