VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Ok so here is a long overdue thread for my MK4 R32.

This will have to be a reverse build thread as much as a future one as I've had the car 2.5 years now and scattered various posts on the OC along the way. You can see from my sig the mods I have already so I have a lot of explaining to do.

So to start off, it is fitting to have a picture of the car in a VW showroom. (It was there as part of the marketing event with the other versions of the beloved Golf.)

I'll add more info as I go along, but feel free to comment or ask for info if a specific topic interests you.

Specification:
Sunroof
Cruise Control
Full Leather Interior
Heated Seats
Leather armrest with storage
Auto Wipers

Power:
Techtonics 264\260 Cams
Revo Stage 2.
Full Milltek Non Resonated Exhaust inc. Manifolds & Sports Cats
Forge Motorsport Cold Air Intake
Neuspeed Power Pulleys

Handling:
Bilstein B14 Coilovers
Uprated Cupra R top Mounts.
Blue Performance Haldex
Neuspeed Front & Rear Anti Roll Bars
Solo Werks Adjustable Drop Links
Neuspeed Polished Strut Brace
Defcon II Wishbone Sleeves
HPA Dog Bone Bush, and Powerflex small bush

Driving:
Neuspeed Short Shifter
42 Draft Design Gear Linkage Bushes
EBC Red Stuff Brakes and OEM Dsics
H&R 25mm Rear Spacers
Osram D2S Night Breaker Unlimited Xenarc Xenon lamps
Osram Nightbreaker Gold Edition H7 Main Beams

Audio:
Professional install
Pioneer AVH-X8500BT
JL Audio V2 Amplifiers. 1x4ch, + 1x Mono for Sub
JL Audio C2 650 Component speakers in both front and rear
JL Audio - Slim compact ported 8" Subwoofer

Attachments

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took you a while!
Hahaha. Damn right Silver. Don't understand why I'd not done before now.

For those that don't know, I bought this car off Silver after he and the OC spent months looking for a good one. He then installed the Neuspeed Arbs, shortshifter, uprated Haldex, Dogbone mount and Defcon sleeves in preparation for turbo. Only to come across a already Turboed R, the one he has now on his build thread. Furthermore, part of the deal in the sale was I get to drive\sit in his car. This part of the deal has not yet been fulfilled so he still owes me, and he never gave me his reg. (Bitter?, not me...)

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Hahaha. Damn right Silver. Don't understand why I'd not done before now.

For those that don't know, I bought this car off Silver after he and the OC spent months looking for a good one. He then installed the Neuspeed Arbs, shortshifter, uprated Haldex, Dogbone mount and Defcon sleeves in preparation for turbo. Only to come across a already Turboed R, the one he has now on his build thread. Furthermore, part of the deal in the sale was I get to drive\sit in his car. This part of the deal has not yet been fulfilled so he still owes me, and he never gave me his reg. (Bitter?, not me...)
Haha. The deal always was that I got to keep the reg, and that I would take you for a spin

Though to be fair, I don't get to drive her myself atm due to working 7 days per week so I can't be blamed.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Frankie32 said:
Good to see you FINALY got round to doing a thread
That finally was a bit RJH,

But seriously , nice thread James better late than never

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First class - how did the opportunity to show your R at VW come your way?
VW did a nationwide marketing event for the launch of the MK7 Golf. The dealers had 1 of each of the previous marks on display over a whole weekend. A friend of a friend got in touch and said VW Wakefield needed a mk4 Golf. So off I went.

·
4,420 Posts
VW did a nationwide marketing event for the launch of the MK7 Golf. The dealers had 1 of each of the previous marks on display over a whole weekend. A friend of a friend got in touch and said VW Wakefield needed a mk4 Golf. So off I went.
Aw man im jealous, i would have loved to have mine in a show room, VW wakefield is my local and im on first name terms with all of the staff there lol, used to go 3-4 times a week every week, but saying that mine was in no showroom condition, hopefully it will be after the paint job

Anyway, more pics! done be keeping such a good looking car to yourself lol

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Fat Head said:
Aw man im jealous, i would have loved to have mine in a show room, VW wakefield is my local and im on first name terms with all of the staff there lol, used to go 3-4 times a week every week, but saying that mine was in no showroom condition, hopefully it will be after the paint job

Anyway, more pics! done be keeping such a good looking car to yourself lol
Not gonna be in showroom condition if you was in there 4 times a week silly ;-)

·
4,420 Posts
Not gonna be in showroom condition if you was in there 4 times a week silly ;-)
i used to buy discounted parts from them and obsolete stock and sell it on
i didnt go that often because of things going wrong lol

·
4,420 Posts
Yeah yeah ;-)

it was good while it lasted, bought stuff like roof racks for £20, and sold them for over £100, dog guards, mud flaps, badges, i miss them days

They gave me like a 200 page list of parts they had lying around that was *cough* never meant to leave the parts department *cough*

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did someone say more pics?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 255 Posts