VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2,097 Posts
Got in my car tonight started it up drove down the road and for some reason it just didn't feel quite right. It felt jerky on the throttle. Stopped in morrisons, got back in the car then started driving up the road.
It felt like it was misfiring but then it was ok when I planted the foot.

Cruising at 40 and the car felt jerky again on the throttle like either a misfire, running out of fuel or the brakes were coming on and off. If that makes sense?

I had the coil packs done last year by Vw
I put brand new spark plugs in a few months ago
I always put in high octane fuel to go with my apr remap that I got from awesome gti in October.

Any idea's would be great. I think I'll have to go up to Vw on Saturday and get some reading on the chains and see if any codes come up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
it could still be a coil pack...mine did it once...ticked over ok....but misfired when driving and it didn't show on vagcom so I just changed all 6 coil packs...you need it scanning really....

Make sure all the coil packs are pushed right down on to theplugs as well

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
One of three issues for sure - Coil packs, maff or lambdas.

Typical time of year one should play up, damp cold and wet.

·
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yea
I'll get it sorted hopefully. If it is one of those things.
I need a new water bottle to because every time i start my car in the cold the coolant temp beeps at me until the water warms up. That's the sensor in the water bottle broken isn't it?

·
19,408 Posts
I need a new water bottle to because every time i start my car in the cold the coolant temp beeps at me until the water warms up. That's the sensor in the water bottle broken isn't it?
Yip, you can try cleaning the 2 prongs which may help. Thankfully the expansion tank isn't that expensive. About £25 when I bought one a few years ago and easy to change:)

·
2,899 Posts

Funny enough I just logged on to ask about my MK5 as its misfiring a tiny bit. I thought to myself bloody car always does this in the winter

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
In my expert mechanical opinion, I think there's definitely something wrong

Reactions: fishyjack
1 - 20 of 25 Posts