VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help.

MK5 55 plate R32 MANUAL lowish miles - (50K)

The main problem is pulling away and changing gear. the clutch seems to snatch and jerk even with the most careful throttle application. i have tested responses and have found that tiny throttle increases will jump the revs from 500 to 1000 without being able to hold rpm in between this range. i'm guessing this is the main reason for the jerky gear changes although i have been told the drive transmission on these cars is very clanky. i have had the car for a long time and have considered getting rid of it as it spoils what is in every other way a lovely motor - sounds great/ grips exceptional well is quickish and looks great. i have test driven a honda ep3 type r and although not as quick as my golf - i have to say was much more fun to drive in every other respect cornering slick gear changes etc.

i have had clutch flywheel and gearbox repair under warranty. i have also had the dogbone mount uprated which made little difference except slightly more vibration! the car is totally standard.

May be a remap may help if this is throttle response causing this?

any advice would be much appreciated id like to get this car A1 so i can enjoy it as much as other cars i have owned.

Thanks,

Roop

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have a mk5 Gti DSG and I am experiencing the same problem from cold. I know it's a different car bit I am wondering if we both have the same symptoms then we may share a faulty part and it may make it easier to diagnose. I have just changed the plugs and it's got loads better but still not cured. When were your plugs changed. Wondering if it could be coil pack ?

Had mine scanned and not thrown any fault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.