VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies/Gents,

My phone upgrade is due next month and wondered whether it's worth changing from orange to EE. I am currently on a £26 Panther 26 contract with orange. I get 200 mins, unlimited texts and 750mb data. This suits me down to the ground, but i do like the idea of all you can eat data. I always turn off my data when i don't need it and i connect to wifi when needed. I sually use like 700mb a month.

I intend to get the SGS4. I like orange for the swappables. I use Deezer.

With orange one can change tarifs to suit your call,text pattern. Is this available on EE?

How are people finding EE compared to Orange?

thanks

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
I went from orange to EE and it is shit

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Crap signal, Internet rubbish unless you are in a 4G area then it's mint but I am never in a 4G area

·
300 Posts
I work as a rigger doing upgrades for ee 4G/2G refresh etc and they are putting loads of sites in spending millions so it will get better but they have also started rolling beacon out in certain areas (Vodafone/O2 ) and they reckon that will blow ee out of the water when it's complete but that will be a few years off as they have not even completed the first cluster yet which is Leeds Bradford area and London they are running 18 months behind ee so they got a lot of catching up to do

·
3,392 Posts
I work as a rigger doing upgrades for ee 4G/2G refresh etc and they are putting loads of sites in spending millions so it will get better but they have also started rolling beacon out in certain areas (Vodafone/O2 ) and they reckon that will blow ee out of the water when it's complete but that will be a few years off as they have not even completed the first cluster yet which is Leeds Bradford area and London they are running 18 months behind ee so they got a lot of catching up to do
Your talking another language i swear lol.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
TwoCollieForThirty said:
Your talking another language i swear lol.
In summary he is saying they are all wank at the moment and should not have adverised 4G until it is in more than London Manchester and Glasgow

·
Registered
533 Posts
EE isn't 'wank' near me. Have a look on Internet as there is a site which checks your signal. EE doesn't mean 4g. EE is just orange an t mobile as such as they both come under that but from my experience its the best for signal over others.

·
300 Posts
Lol in simple terms more sites completed - better coverage on your smartphone less sites completed - crap 4G coverage

·
Registered
533 Posts
If your on a 4g plan though and any get it then the 3G is actually better than what it is if you on a norm plan an got 3G!

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Danxr46 said:
If your on a 4g plan though and any get it then the 3G is actually better than what it is if you on a norm plan an got 3G!
Not on my phone it's wank

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Danxr46 said:
Not on my phone it's wank

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
O2 is by far the best reaching connectivity for calls in the UK, regardless of the Orange\Tmobile network size hype. Also, O2 will have network in remote areas where the others don't.

Here are my findings:

I went from O2 to EE 4G last month. EE's 3G is not as good or as fast as O2. The 3G bandwidth has been reduced so even when you do have EE 3G connection it is slower than normal 3G networks, and it forces people onto 4G

EE 4G coverage is sporadic and I doubt it will be better for another 6-8 months until they get more transmitters switched.

EE 4G coverage indoors can be quite weak. This is due to the frequency they purchased can't go indoors very well.

O2 Voda etc bought longer wavelength frequencies which will give better indoor & outddor coverage. But they are way way behind EE. 18 months at least before you get a reasonable service in areas outside 3 main cities.

Conclusion:
Stick with O2 3G for another two years.
Or move now to EE 4G and get at least some extra benefits, which continue to get better as you go along. Then once the other have caught up your contract will be up for renewal again.

USE QUIDCO !!!!! For cash back when buying contracts online. I got £100, which made the i5 Free off charge at £31 on 4G.

Reactions: Krew76

·
Registered
613 Posts
I wouldn't dream about going back.... This is an email that still hasn't been replied to after 3 days you will understand once you have read the email.

Date: 18 August 2013 23:32:04 BST
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Urgent Complaint

I want a response to this email within 48,hrs or I will be taking further action.
Unfortunately I am disgusted with the service I have received this week and by the way I have been treated by several members of staff.

The whole saga started on monday 12th August, one of the contracts I have with you is for my daughter and we"d been previously told she could upgrade from tuesday 13th so I'd rung to find out what deal I could get as she'd found the phone she wanted on a better deal with vodaphone, but I wanted her to stay with Orange. I'd spoken to one of the upgrade team who hadnt been able to offer me anything near the vodaphone deal but agreed to ring me back on the tuesday to see if I wanted to go ahead. I rang again after speaking to my daughter and a guy called Ian offered me another deal, again not as good as Vodaphone so he also said he would ring me on the tuesday ~ neither of them rang me back!
I rang on the wednesday and spoke to a very helpful woman~we agreed a deal and to my delight the phone arrived the day after on the Thursday.
When we opened the package the sticker across the box had been opened but replaced by a square sticker. We opened the box to find a white Samsung S4 and we'd ordered a black one. I called from my phone to inform you of the error. I was annoyed to learn I would have to wait until I had returned the white phone for you to then send out a replacement this phone was for my daughters birthday and for her to take away on holiday with her so I didnt want to wait another week to get the phone. Not at any point did the man on the phone apologise for the mix up and when I told him I wasnt prepared to wait a week - he hung up on me!
I called back again and spoke to another unapologetic man so I asked to be put through to a manager- I was on hold that long I had to end the call to go to work.
I rang again on thursday evening and spoke to a lovely foreign chap who was helpful and gave me the address to return the phone to-I asked if it would be free to return the phone and he said "yes"
So during my short lunch break on the friday I took the phone to the Post Office and of course got told it would cost 7.95 to send the phone! I had minutes left before I had to return to work so I quickly rang again and spoke to a foreign woman who I quickly told her Id been told it was free and that I was at the post office and needed to get to work- she said she would have to put me on hold for 2 to 3 mins, I said I couldn't wait. She told me she understood my situation I told her no she didn't , i'd already had enough hassle, I repeated at was at the Post Office now and needed to get to work and She HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!
I had no choice but to pay for the postage, I was furious by this time, but ^couldn't believe what happened next.
Over the next hour I got 128 texts through from Orange my phone crashed. The txts weren't even for pay monthly customers. I still have all the txts and Ive been advised to pursue this as harassment.
I had to use my daughters phone to call Orange as the txts just kept coming. The manager who we got put through to sorted out the text problem and agreed to credit my account with the cost of the new phone [30 pound ]and 10 pound to cover the postage costs. He also agreed to text my daughters phone with the names of the people who had hung up on me so I could make a complaint about them.
By sunday I had not received these names-so yet again another phone call, the manager called Eddie then said there was no record of the cconversation on friday, no record of the offer of refund of phone costs and postage costs. My daughter who was speaking to this manager then (justifiably) demanded an investigation should be started and HE HUNG UP ON HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have had a contract with you for 15 years, I have 3 phone contracts with you, I have never experienced any problems with you. But this not just one bad experience
*2 people failed to call when promised
*wrong phone sent
*incorrect information given about postage
*no apology re wrong phone
*bombardment of 128 texts not even relevant
*hung up on THREE times
*manager failed to put into action promised refunds
*spoilt my daughters birthday

I have at no point been rude or abusive, I am more than happy for you to listen to all of my phone calls
I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I have been treated, by several members of the Orange team and for a manager to hang up on a customer is a disgrace.
If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 48 hours, not only will you loose 3 contracts and my broadband I will look to pursue a harassment charge over the 128 texts.

She is terminating all the above tomorrow!

·
3,242 Posts
Josh_R_32 said:
I wouldn't dream about going back.... This is an email that still hasn't been replied to after 3 days you will understand once you have read the email.

Date: 18 August 2013 23:32:04 BST
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Urgent Complaint

I want a response to this email within 48,hrs or I will be taking further action.
Unfortunately I am disgusted with the service I have received this week and by the way I have been treated by several members of staff.

The whole saga started on monday 12th August, one of the contracts I have with you is for my daughter and we"d been previously told she could upgrade from tuesday 13th so I'd rung to find out what deal I could get as she'd found the phone she wanted on a better deal with vodaphone, but I wanted her to stay with Orange. I'd spoken to one of the upgrade team who hadnt been able to offer me anything near the vodaphone deal but agreed to ring me back on the tuesday to see if I wanted to go ahead. I rang again after speaking to my daughter and a guy called Ian offered me another deal, again not as good as Vodaphone so he also said he would ring me on the tuesday ~ neither of them rang me back!
I rang on the wednesday and spoke to a very helpful woman~we agreed a deal and to my delight the phone arrived the day after on the Thursday.
When we opened the package the sticker across the box had been opened but replaced by a square sticker. We opened the box to find a white Samsung S4 and we'd ordered a black one. I called from my phone to inform you of the error. I was annoyed to learn I would have to wait until I had returned the white phone for you to then send out a replacement this phone was for my daughters birthday and for her to take away on holiday with her so I didnt want to wait another week to get the phone. Not at any point did the man on the phone apologise for the mix up and when I told him I wasnt prepared to wait a week - he hung up on me!
I called back again and spoke to another unapologetic man so I asked to be put through to a manager- I was on hold that long I had to end the call to go to work.
I rang again on thursday evening and spoke to a lovely foreign chap who was helpful and gave me the address to return the phone to-I asked if it would be free to return the phone and he said "yes"
So during my short lunch break on the friday I took the phone to the Post Office and of course got told it would cost 7.95 to send the phone! I had minutes left before I had to return to work so I quickly rang again and spoke to a foreign woman who I quickly told her Id been told it was free and that I was at the post office and needed to get to work- she said she would have to put me on hold for 2 to 3 mins, I said I couldn't wait. She told me she understood my situation I told her no she didn't , i'd already had enough hassle, I repeated at was at the Post Office now and needed to get to work and She HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!
I had no choice but to pay for the postage, I was furious by this time, but ^couldn't believe what happened next.
Over the next hour I got 128 texts through from Orange my phone crashed. The txts weren't even for pay monthly customers. I still have all the txts and Ive been advised to pursue this as harassment.
I had to use my daughters phone to call Orange as the txts just kept coming. The manager who we got put through to sorted out the text problem and agreed to credit my account with the cost of the new phone [30 pound ]and 10 pound to cover the postage costs. He also agreed to text my daughters phone with the names of the people who had hung up on me so I could make a complaint about them.
By sunday I had not received these names-so yet again another phone call, the manager called Eddie then said there was no record of the cconversation on friday, no record of the offer of refund of phone costs and postage costs. My daughter who was speaking to this manager then (justifiably) demanded an investigation should be started and HE HUNG UP ON HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have had a contract with you for 15 years, I have 3 phone contracts with you, I have never experienced any problems with you. But this not just one bad experience
*2 people failed to call when promised
*wrong phone sent
*incorrect information given about postage
*no apology re wrong phone
*bombardment of 128 texts not even relevant
*hung up on THREE times
*manager failed to put into action promised refunds
*spoilt my daughters birthday

I have at no point been rude or abusive, I am more than happy for you to listen to all of my phone calls
I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I have been treated, by several members of the Orange team and for a manager to hang up on a customer is a disgrace.
If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 48 hours, not only will you loose 3 contracts and my broadband I will look to pursue a harassment charge over the 128 texts.

She is terminating all the above tomorrow!
Well handled,
Am wif t-mobil since 15 now 11years later
Change contract requirments 3tyms
Add another phone line
Add a smart-tablet.

Had hassle aye, but hate how they DO NOT reward your loyalty in anyway.
Mmmm... reception & signal awesome when i have it, Downside lose it at stupid places.
Both phones and tablet are EE 3G connection run pretty well.

Regards
Vrt

·
Registered
197 Posts
Moved from Orange to EE on my Iphone5 upgrade - biggest mistake I made. Rubbish reception - glad I only got a 12 month contract which should be ending in a few months.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Josh r32 that sucks.

When i have a grievance with a company I tweet my disgust on their twitter page. That way people see it. Or you need to host the above post /email sent somewhere and link the page to their twitter. Airing Dirty laundry to the public isn't good for the company image.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 34 Posts