VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a function to turn on auto headlights on a mkiv R32? i used to have it on my old 182 and my mate has it on his A3 so when your in a tunnel they automatically come on and when you unlock the car etc or is this a function we are not privileged to have?

also are heated wing mirrors standard on a mkiv R32 and if so do they automatically heat up? :confused:

cheers

Nick

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Don't think you can get the auto headlights on the MkIV

The heated wing mirrors are standard and heat up when you put the heated rear screen on. I think the adjust stalk for the mirrors has to be in the middle as well.

·
52 Posts
N13KKF said:
is there a function to turn on auto headlights on a mkiv R32? i used to have it on my old 182 and my mate has it on his A3 so when your in a tunnel they automatically come on and when you unlock the car etc or is this a function we are not privileged to have?

also are heated wing mirrors standard on a mkiv R32 and if so do they automatically heat up? :confused:

cheers

Nick
Hi nick on the 182 they have a sensor within the headlight which turns them on at night or threw tunnels, on some they have it combined with the rain sensor on the windscreen but r32 only rain sensor, your heated mirrors should work when you press your heated rear window switch hope this helps sorry going on with myself:D

·
287 Posts
This is possible with an aftermarket kit from some company in the USA. Basically, the sensor is mounted on the dash near the windscreen and it's wired up to your headlight switch. Fitted it to my Audi A4, worked well enough, was very sensitive though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts