VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Further to my previous post, have just picked up my mkiv dbp r32 with full leather..........wow! Certainley makes a better noice than my old oil burner and seriously shifts in low down gears (was opposite on previous car).

Anyway, now I can understand the hype and although have only owned it for 2 hours....favourite place for this car seems to be petrol station.......better treat her to the V-Power stuff I guess......

As you can guess, just a little bit over excited.........will post pics asap.

Cheers,

·
616 Posts
Sounds good! Enjoy :151:

·
305 Posts
can"t beat the feeling of having a new car to drive especially a r32, unusually that feeling just does"nt go away. look forward to the long way home routes. glad your happy!

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...........grinning like a right fool at the moment.......glad to here that this smile will not go away.

Seems to get a lot of attention - even though mine is a '52 plate and 5 years old!!!!

Better go and wake her up.......

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
This is like glimpsing a few months into the future for me! Welcome to the forum chap, what type of attention have you been getting? Please expand ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Theres nothing better than passing people say "nice car" when your regularly fuelling up, or the people that come over and ask about it when you park up.

·
4,328 Posts
I once had a bloke ask to rnet the car for a hour, it took all of 1 second to look at him and say no :)

When my mum first came in the car, a year after getting it, she said 'alot of people look and admire this car andrew, does this always happen?'

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
im still like that love every second driving it and you do get people look at it and watch you go bye which is really nice, you will find alot of other car enthusiasts will always spot them and make comments about them!
i was in sandwich shop at dinner the other day and 3 builders came out of the chippy next door, when i pulled up i saw them looking at it. then as they were leaving one was telling the rest of them all about it, like the were around 22k new and pointing at bits, neadless to say i had big grin on my face!

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just lots of people pointing and staring (it is particularly shiny at moment) and the first garage I went to fill up at the woman was going crazy about it - she said @give it some beans on the way out......so naturally i obliged!

It is much easier than I thought to drive as well - my previous pd 150 MKiv was clearly not as quick but had sooo much torque steer, you needed to pay attention.

The overall experience is very good but as for the sound (it is only stock)........amazing 'dirty' roar it produces.

Many double takes from other hot hatches - I think most think it is a 1.6 with a full r32 bodykit?

Will post some pics tomorrow......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts