VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just swapped this with my friend for the standard air box of my car, it came of his 2001 audi s3, since the induction has been fitted the car seems to be a bit slower and seems to sound like its revving out more, anyone had any bad experiences with these, or is it just me being silly

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,485 Posts
Probably because the S3 has a 1.8T apposed to a 3.2V6.

Basickly it's the wrong size for your car. As far as I remember the BMC CDA's come in 3 different sizes, and I'd imagine you have the middle size, apposed to the large.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
281 Posts
Believe it or not they are the same overall size if you check out BMC's website but the R32 one and S3 one have completly different part numbers so there must be a difference in the internal diameters/filter layout. So very possibly the wrong size, give the TT Shop a call, they sorted me out with mine for a good price plus they'll be able to tell you if the S3 one is the wrong size as the TT uses the same 1.8T. I know when I spoke to them they initially thought the 3.2 TT one would do but after a call to BMC it turned out there is a specific one for the R32. I guess I have kind of answered your question but best to check....

I have the BMC CDA on mine and the throttle response is much sharper, made a noticable difference. Did you open up the front left grill a little more and run the snorkle down there to get the best cold are supply?

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
havent ran a air intake down to the left grill yet, need to get some thicker tubing before i do that, will give that a try see if that makes a difference

1 - 6 of 6 Posts