VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everbody. Like the title says i just picked a R32 a couple days and am very happy with it. Im usally more into japinese cars then european cars but i could not turn this car down when i saw it. I have never owned or driven a VW before and have never worked on one ether so i have a couple of questions. How easy is the car to work on? Where is the best place to find aftermarket anything for it? P.S I live in Florida. Is there anything i should look out for that will go wrong with the car that i should fix before it does. Thanks for anybody who replies to my questions. -Chris

·
402 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on buying your 'R' -

Key West is a lovely part of the world.......

......what colour is your 'R' - anything major planned modding wise? (there are some really good guides on here and between us all, think we have good experience of most tuning options!) :marchmellow:

·
1,084 Posts
Looks good if it's the one in your avatar!

The best thing about working on VeeDubs is that they always bolt together again very neatly.

Obvious first mods are the 'flapper mod' (if OE exhaust is still fitted). Or free up the breathing with air intake and new exhaust.

Common cosmetic mods are to change the rear wiper blade to more slimline one (from the VW Polo) and also to colour code behind the VW badge on the tailgate (or remove it and smooth the recess).

Happy Dubbing, welcome to R32oc, and the world of torque at low revs! No VTEC thanks.

:D

Tokyo aka James

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate - Good colour choice of R :biggrin:

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Welcome Chris.

I has my update done on my R think it's called 6463
(This will iron out flat spot about 2000-3000 RPM)

Have a search on here about it or you could get a remap and that will do the same.

Happy driving

1 - 8 of 8 Posts