1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[background=rgb(251, 251, 251)]

hi all
so time has come to upgrade from my 1.8T and just purchased myself my first r32
needs a few little bits doing to it but overall im happy, loving the v6 sound!
( few pics il upload some better ones later)

old:

New

just got a few questions as well if anyone can help...
basically the two rear tyres are cracked and will need replacing soon, am i right in saying all 4 need to be replaced so it wont muck up the haldex? the front are fine with about 5 mm of tread, so to save money would i be best getting a pair of part worns with 5mm of tread ?
also the standard radio is playing up a bit whenever the car is off it doesnt save the stations, sometimes the volume doesnt work and sometimes it fails to turn on at all! any thoughts?

thanks guys
[/background]

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
No you can replace tyres whenever you like in any quanitity. Make sure all 4 are the same size of tyre. Mixing brands is ok.

You got the best colour!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply.. ah thats okay i just did not want to go get 2 new rear tyres and have 5 mm tyres on the front and mess the haldex up.
now to get the car checked over mechanically and then get modding

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
With tyres as long as same in same axel all ok, as your car is mostly front wheel drive the front tyres wear alot faster

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
19,389 Posts
Goodluck with tbe new car.

As Mark says above, you can change the tyres in pairs without a problem as the Haldex only really comes into play when the fronts slip. It's not permanent 4wd like you have on some larger Audis, Subarus and Evos.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers guys and thanks for the advice! has anyone got any thoughts on what to do with the radio?

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
cheers guys and thanks for the advice! has anyone got any thoughts on what to do with the radio?
Bin it!!! It will give you an excuse to get a double DIN satnav unit!!
P.S. Congratulations on picking the most random username ever aswell!! Lol.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
03jg0304 said:
But a double din with DVD player

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
RJH said:
Bin it!!! It will give you an excuse to get a double DIN satnav unit!!
P.S. Congratulations on picking the most random username ever aswell!! Lol.
It's may the 5th you got a car yet

Roll the excuses and the only one I accept at your age is you are moving out of your 4 bed in to a 5 or 6 bed detached and using the money towards that

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
It's may the 5th you got a car yet

Roll the excuses and the only one I accept at your age is you are moving out of your 4 bed in to a 5 or 6 bed detached and using the money towards that

I said ages ago it wouldn't be May now, did you miss that memo?? Everyone else seems to have got it! Lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i shall be getting a double din at some point just wondering if i could fix it for the min so il pull it out and see whats happening at the back of the stereo...

quick question can anyone confirm that with a milltek resonated which is on the car the flapper has been deleted already?

·
19,389 Posts
Yes, if it has a Milltek fitter there is no exhaust valve on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
guys i just need some advice really, do i spray the wheels anthracite or black? personally i was thinking anthracite... where abouts can i get the paint from as i had a look in halfrauds and wilco and i cant really find anyhting like anthracite

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
guys i just need some advice really, do i spray the wheels anthracite or black? personally i was thinking anthracite... where abouts can i get the paint from as i had a look in halfrauds and wilco and i cant really find anyhting like anthracite
Might be under charcoal? You doing a DIY job?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah i am or atleast attempting to aha, just wondered what everyone else does on here for colour wise

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just now checked the rear discs and pads and they are more worn than i thought! whats the best i can get apart from genuine for the rear discs and pad set? seen some mintex/ pagid or ferodo, what are everyone else running?

·
1,028 Posts
I like anthracite on silver cars (like mine), both my silver golfs (1.8t now r32) had that colour. I'd pop the head unit out and have a look at the wiring, sounds like the iso connector could be loose.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts