VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know me from uk-mkivs (w36 ejo)

Had my R32 a year now, keep meaning to sell it but everytime I get in it I don't want to!

Will get some pictures up, hoping to do a video soon too with a nice engine soundtrack :proud:

·
1,084 Posts
:ciao:

Hi Graham,

Welcome (if I'm allowed to say that as I'm a newbie too).

Don't sell!

Get those vids n pics up!

:burnout: James :burnout:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
khutula said:
What would you buy if you sold it?

Why do you want to get rid of it?

Start modding it you won't regret it.
Something cheap and invest the money!

At the moment I'm having to run two cars, which means two tax, insurance etc etc. So the replacement would be a diesel something and be cheap and reliable. 307 HDI, Vectra, something god damn boring to do my 25-30k a year in. Mileage dropped when I got the R32, but it's gone up again.

So nothing spectacular unfortunately! Parents live 220 miles away, takes 1 and 3 quarter tanks there and back (spirited drive on the welsh decent roads!!). Takes less than 3 quarters in my diesel. R32 tank is also larger!

It's a lovely lovely car, but just not practical for me anymore. I look at it in the week and see a depriciating lump of money. I use it at the weekend and think 'can't sell this'!

G

·
So you would replace it with another one if though you already have a soot chucker?

Why noy just change the R32 to limited mileage insurance.

All cars depreciate - just enjoy the car.

If not I am sure there would be plenty of takers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've already got an oil burner. It's what I use most of the time due to the roads round here, plus no point being in an R32 when your just sat in traffic and doing a max of 40mph on the work run every day.

I've already tried to sell the R32. Were no takers at all! So still got it.

I own the car outright, so in my mind, the money could be working for me in different ways (business). Had the car for a year and had my fun. The fact that I'm not actively trying to sell it at the moment though tell's me something! Would be very sad to see it go, but very happy to see all the cash again!

I'm half and half really!

G

·
Why don't you post it in the classified on here to see if you get any takers. I've had mine 16 months and although I have spent a fortune modding it even in standard form I would struggle to replace it with anything that could provide the same amount of fun for the money.

Now I have got to the point wher the car will be a keeper even if I do buy another. Its almost perfect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts