VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Hello all,

I recently joined twitter only because my brother signed me up for it (with my permission)

Don't understand it can someone please summarize it. As I can't get on with it

Thanks in advance.

Mark I Quartley

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
192 Posts
Twitter is more a status sharing site, where as in FB you would only share with friends in TW you share with the world. You are limited to 140 spaces which allows for snappy eye catching status's.

If you see a @ With a name this is called a mention, if you see this # it is called discover on TW and you would use this as a reference point for others to connect with the same subject/discussion etc.

So for example you could type this :

Well done to @lewishamilton for 5th place @Mercedes #F1 #melbourneGP

Also look to follow celebs for the latest gossip or whatever! I personally follow racing car drivers and manufacturers from BTCC & F1

Hope this helped.

·
2,803 Posts
Its mostly for attention seekers who want their voices heard all the time. Facebook is bad enough for that!

Though I can imagine following some things on there may be ueseful.

Reactions: Benji26

·
Flaccid Member
1,835 Posts
Cheers for the summary Clifford, I joined ages ago and had no idea what's going on, so gave up on it.

At least now I've got some sort of clue what the hell the world is going on about

·
2,803 Posts
Twitter has given me and many others a hatred of "hashtags" and forever hearing about them on the radio or seeing them on tv.

Thanks 'Twitts', for ruining the HASH for everyone else.

·
2,803 Posts
So in summary don't use it and remove myself from it

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine
It depends really, what you wanted to get out of it. If theres anything or anyone out there that you'd like a constant feed from, then use it

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Its good for footy/sport news & of course perving!
loads of good pics on there

@N13KKF

RNS510 Video in motion, V9 Maps, Speed Cameras, FW2760, FW3980, FW4020 FW4120 With Radio Text, R32 Boot Up Logo & Can Gateways £90 Coded

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I think like Facebook it has its uses. I've never used either so I can't help you. As Oliver73 said the only thing I dislike about Twitter is the fact that all you hear nowadays is hash tag this hash tag that. Drives me up the wall

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
I've used Facebook for a while now, and am pretty comfortable with it.. (My link is on my profile if anyone wants to add me, but let me know you're from here or i'll just think you're some freak stalker!) Lol. But i refuse to use Twitter because as i see it, it's just a watered down version of fb... You only get 140 characters to write something, you can't post lengthy subjects, stories etc and you can only use text based links, not actual thumbnails when referring to music or videos..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts