VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is bound to get mixed opinions as the ally trim is what makes the R32 unique.. And i'm only trying it out having a play, to be fair i'm still unsure myself as to which is the best combo after seeing them both in position...

The reason behind it was, a short while ago i saw a pic with all the ally trim and for some reason the climate panel seemed to jump out at me more than the rest and it seemed a bit much with all the other pieces, so i suddenly thought, what about swapping it for a standard black one??!!.. That way it wouldn't draw the eyes so much and maybe tone it down, plus it would be different to everyone else's and would still be perfectly OEM..

Now maybe it was just that particular pic i saw, the angle, the lighting, who knows, that spawned the idea, but what does everyone else think?

Does it work aesthetically or does it just cheapen the look??

·
1,534 Posts
pull the top 2 out get a usb front reader youll never have to burn a cd again, leave the climate in silver looks much better, you not posted up any pics of the car yet?

·
Administrator
3,597 Posts
I agree with the admins, were always right !

Reactions: PaulW

·
19,389 Posts
I don't have an opinion on this, other than, go with what you prefer.

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With regards to the original topic, looking at both this afternoon, it seems the original is the best option, the black one looked better in the pic i saw than it does in the flesh..

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Reactions: PaulW

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shameless plug but you need one of these bad boys in it mate :
http://www.r32oc.com...pod-iphone-usb/
Does look a very tidy unit and very nice, but to be honest, even though i am planning to ditch the gamma & 6 disc soon, i'll only be replacing it with a single DIN unit and cubby hole.. I've already got the cubby hole and also got a headunit in mind. However, i'll give it a free bump for ya James, you've gotta get closer to the trainer fund somehow!!!

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Yohan said:
My radio and changer were that way round as well.
Before I went double din I put mine in the wrong way round too just preferred it

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Long Member
1,093 Posts
Before I went double din I put mine in the wrong way round too just preferred it

Is it definitely the wrong way round? Mine is the same...perhaps the previous owner took it out and then returned it ready for sale?

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Both of my r32's had them the opposite way to RJh So in my book it's the wrong way round. :)

Why would you have the changer above the radio? :)

·
Administrator
3,597 Posts
My MKIV GTI had a tray under the Radio ... Horrible plastic wood finish trim though.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Cheempeej said:
Not to mention your radio and cd changer are the wrong way round
Just seen picture that is the correct way

I changed mine so the tape deck was on top

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Cheempeej said:
Both of my r32's had them the opposite way to RJh So in my book it's the wrong way round. :)

Why would you have the changer above the radio? :)
Many people swap them round I changed mine round the day I got it as the proper way looks odd IMO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts