VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all how do you lot keep your wheels clean and shiny? I clean mine a lot but I have some very stubben black specles in the corner of the wheels which I cant get rid of, what can I do.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hi John,

There are a few ways of cleaning your wheels and keeping them clean.

A lot of people use clean cleaners with a soft brush to clean them. Good ones are citrus cleaners and NOT acid based. Acid basically eats away the top surface and can easily damage your wheels.

Also, if there are some really tough spots of brake dust, you can use clay to remove them - works very well.

But to keep them clean there are wheels sealants and waxes which are specially designed to with stand hot brake dust.
you need to layer the wax on though, 2 coats straight away, then a further 3rd coat later. Its also not the most durable stuff, so i would say top it up every 1-2 months.

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks again Johny

·
Registered
106 Posts
A good sealent can help keep the wheels looking good

IF you are really up to it take them off one at a time and give them the once over cleaning using a citrus wash / clay . Once you are happy with the look , apply 2 coats of sealent followed by 2 coats of a wheel wax and that should help keep the brake dust at bay .

A weekly wash should then see them looking clean .

·
Registered
358 Posts
whizzer said:
A good sealent can help keep the wheels looking good

IF you are really up to it take them off one at a time and give them the once over cleaning using a citrus wash / clay . Once you are happy with the look , apply 2 coats of sealent followed by 2 coats of a wheel wax and that should help keep the brake dust at bay .

A weekly wash should then see them looking clean .
Good advice from whizzer, once the wheel wax is in place then you'll only need to wash them (at least once a week) with shampoo. Always best to top up the wax every 6-8 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts