VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any of these insurances where your keys are covered by putting a little tag on your keyring and if so can you recommend anyone?

I only have one set of keys for the R (and then the cutting key) and am worried to dealth bout loosing them so am thinking bout taking one of these out depending on what kind of prices they are as I have never done it before?

any advice anyone? thanks :)

·
3,732 Posts
the mrs used to have a t4 volvo. my little boys hid the keys and could we find them? :motz:

the doors were deadlocked so even if we smashed a window we couldnt open them let alone start the car.

the result? ended up getting a crash recovery lorry to 'drag' the car onto its flatbed then shipped it off to volvo who then recoded the entire car

cost £1000

loosing keys is no joke!

·
4,328 Posts
why not guy another key from ebay and recode it yourself. Buy holding the unlock button on the new key when you unlock the car.

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pomme said:
why not guy another key from ebay and recode it yourself. Buy holding the unlock button on the new key when you unlock the car.
never even knew that was possible :s

excuse my stupididty as I dont have a clue, but are keys not shaped different tho so one key wont fit in another so start the engien :s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts