VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help is required. As per the thread title, my key fob (plus the spare one) won't unlock the passenger door or boot. Some forums say that a 10 minute disconnect of the battery will solve the problem. Not tried this yet, but will do first thing tomorrow. Any ideas or experience of this problem????

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, driver's door unlocks fine, but when I press again quickly, I get a couple of beeps but nothing happens. Everything was fine until a couple of days ago.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I take it you know as standard, the drivers door opens on the first push of the keyfob and the passenger door and boot open after 2 pushes of the keyfob.

It can be changed so they all open on one press by changing the settings in the MFD or vagcom depending on your DIS spec.
I was going to suggest the above but seemed patronizing

·
19,389 Posts

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could it be the passenger door lock module? I guess the puddle light would confirm this, but it's strange how the boot is also affected.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Could it be the passenger door lock module? I guess the puddle light would confirm this, but it's strange how the boot is also affected.
Yeah i did think that but dismissed it becasue the boot is affected. Saying that they must be linked as they open together on 2nd press on the fob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts