VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was given an advisory on service that one of my kw v2 front shocks is 'leaking and pitted'. After a convo with the KW guy he said it would be £220 for a replacement shock BUT it could be a build up of oil as the shock is a 'wet build' so some oil can come out over time. The kit has bin on the car 5 years so could this be true? Anyone else experienced just a build up on the shock and a little on the spring?

He said if it was knackered it would squeak and knock bit ive not noticed noises. Ill clean it up at some point and see if the oil returns quickly or not.

Adam.

·
1,064 Posts
they use koni inserts on v2 or they did £200 is not bad price for replacements if you ask me
think it's just your luck i'v had koni on a few cars only had one leak even then it was still doing it's job after ten years when i replaced them
have you hit any pot holes the one i had leak had a scuff on one side of the rod due to being bent

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha oopsy. Well you were both sorta right...

To get a refurb it was
New one would be 220.

I cant have the car off the road due to work so a refurb is a no-no.

I dont recall hitting any pot holes while ive had it (around a year) but the suspension has been on the car 5 years. Anything obvious should show up when its given a clean so until then im not really any the wiser to if its actually broke or its normal :/

Adam.

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
Oh I see... separate thread just to proclaim my awesomeness... How very thoughtful

Awww... tbh as said above that's not too bad a price all things considered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts