VW Golf R32 Forum banner

KW V3 or V2

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  StuOwen86 
#1 ·
Im interested in new suspension although im not really sure which one to go for, i would like the KW's as these seem to be very well talked about just dont know what ones to get as im not very interested in adjusting the suspension myself but possibly could if its not too difficult to get the hang of, just wondering if its worth me getting the V3 or V2 just wanted to know the main differnce and if it would be worth paying the extra to get the V3's, I am thinking about doin some track days too.

Thanks for any info,

Stu

#2 ·
Well basically the main difference between the v2 and v3s is the compression range - now is this needed, thats really for you to answer. For me it wasnt and that is why i ended up going for the v2s , and i do wonder a bit whether people go for the v3s as they are the top spec one???

Another option may be the clubsports whihc are pretty new and are meant to be very very very good:

http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/30_Products/24_KW_Clubsport/index.php

#3 ·
thanks for the reply Pomme, i guess i will look at the V2's and the Clubsports then, like you said, i dnt think i will need the extra compression range for what i would be doing (the odd track day).

Have you heard of the ones that are electronically adjustable from inside the car (just me being lazy lol), i think its the rebound (compression) that is adjustable i dunno what brand they are tho, Im pretty new to the suspension lark lol.

Thanks,

Stu

#4 ·
Just had a quick look on Europerformaceparts at the KW Coilovers and the are for the R32: Probly could get em cheaper elswhere just a quick look, i know Intelligent Tuning had good prices for the KW's. Anyone know what the difference is with the Top mounts on the Clubsports.

V2's were - £942inc VAT
V3's were - £994inc VAt
Clubsport - £1047inc VAT
Clubsport Inc Top Mounts - £1271inc VAT

Stu

#5 ·
But then when i got mine the difference was alot more between the v2 and v3s, ie im sure it used to be something like £200 but whith it being £62 i probably would go with the v3s just to have that extra bit to play with and adjust as i do like doing things like that, lol.

not sure about the top mounts, but what your saying with it being adjustable in the car does sound very very nice :) :) :)
and very ferrari like :marchmellow:

#8 ·
The Bilstein B16 PSS9 like in the thread on tyre smoke sound very good and easily adjustable maybe a little exspensive but still a possability, hope they bring em out for the mk4, guess i will have to ring aps or somone today or might ask at awsome gti as im gonna go up there later on when i get up as i have just got in off nights lol and im going bed now.

Stu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.