VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evening all, the car was playing up on my drive home from work friday, started her up yesterday and all was good. I know the top lamda sensor needs replacing. My neighbour has the socket set and said just spray it with wd 40 or some spray to loosen it up and it should come straight out.

If i got the forge induction kit out the way it leaves a fair bit of room to move around.

How easy a job is it. I normally hate working on cars myself but it needs doing and i as access seems simple enough and i can find a write up on it i can give it a go. Someone has said they would do it for me for £220.00 fitted but i can save some money here.

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol thanks, got to get the part number and a lamda sensor socket bit. 22mm does anyone know if thats the correct size, seems to be the popular one on ebay, perhaps every car has a 22mm lamda sensor..

·
19,407 Posts
The R32OC code is disabled over the Easter Weekend as they are running a general promotion over the weekend and some of the prices are already discounted.

It should be working again tomorrow.

·
19,407 Posts
Rob,

I'm sure you're aware there are 4 Lambda sensors, 2 pre cat and 2 post cat. Have you confirmed exactly which one is faulty through diagnostics?

Also, as there is a wire coming out the centre of the sensor you won't be able to use a socket to remove it. You'll need to use an open ended spanner or feed the wire through a ring spanner and use that.

·
1,028 Posts
If you can get an O2 sensor socket it will make it a lot easier! I did this in Saturday with N open ended spanner and it was a right pain. Spent a good few hours trying undo it as they are very awkward to get too, especially the driver side sensor which I had to change. One point to note while undoing it, the cable twists round so undo the cable first, there a black plastic box under the car where all 4 sensors are connected.the 2 plugs nearest the engine are the sensors on the downpipe, brown is driver side, black passenger (if I remember correctly!)
I think it's 19mm too but will check on the old one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
evening all, sorry i wasnt ignoring you but for some reason i still dont get notifications on my threads.

Quick question the generic sensor says its bank 1, when looking at the car is bank 1 to the left or right.
VW already have it on there reader and its a top sensor.

Ive just been out in the garage give it a spray of WD40 and a large spanner (neighbour lent me his socket with a gap in it) but with the forge induction kit it gives me a bit of space around it, well the top right hand one is moving and i reckon i can do it myself.

Knowing my luck its the left top one which seems to be a bit harder to get to!! lol

the generic reader my neighbour used gave a code of P2195.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You on ForumRunner? You have to manually subscribe

Bank 1 is left
hmm, thats not good then, thats alot harder to get to lol.....

not on forum runner, but just googled it.. i'm using firefox as a browser perhaps that has something to do with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.