VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering, whats the best way to ‘launch’ an R32, everyone keeps referring to it but as yet, mainly through terror of smelling burning clutch, Iv never done anything but slightly loud normal starts. I think I read in another post about the DSG Launch control holding you at 3400rpm, is this where to aim for and then dump the clutch, like you were tryin to wheelspin? I remember the old RS2, audi techs said you should just redline it and dump the clutch. Dont spose this is a good idea tho....

·
887 Posts
As far as i'm aware just turn off the ESP, left foot on the brake, DSG in Sport or Manual, give it some gas and the car will hold the revs at the optimal point until you release the brake. I've tried it twice (once on the .:R and once on 3.2TT) and it was sweet!

·
190 Posts
Im guessing your running a manual car, i tend to try and sit about 3500 rpm and dump the clutch.

Works for me

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh, soz, should of said, Iv got a manual. does doin that not blow the clutch?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
I remember the first time I did this, I was pooing myself with worry about hurting the clutch... then I remembered what car I was in and thought what the hell these cars are meant to be driven hard and they love it :D

So with that, I sat, ESP off, revs to about 3,700rpm or so, both hands on steering wheel, let the clutch go.... whammmm your off, haldex sends power to the rears and it kicks you in the back, 1st is done, into 2nd, up through the revs, 3rd, you're now already at 70, 4th... keep it going, now there's 100mph. WOW. Seems like it's over in a flash. Bloody great fun tho. Remember to keep the max speed to within the law tho unless you're on private grounds like I was!!!

Enjoy :D

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i find about 4k is right and floor it as your dumping the clutch! picks up and dosent die. found around 3k it dies a bit then picks up again. loads better than my old ibiza i couldnt hold revs more than 2k when launching at santa pod or i ended up spining sraight through 1st gear and bit of second!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts