VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered how many people have had full on lift off in there R32'S? why i ask is last night i took my new r32 for a propper drive and had the car fully sideways on a round about and kept it controlled all the time, it felt absolutly propper and since then i've done it 3 or 4 more time's (poor tyres). As i've mentioned before i used to own a evo 8 with quit alot of engine mods and that was fun for drifting but i would of never imagined that you could have as much fun in a golf but its true as much if not more fun ha, i was at first thinking of upgrading the haldex unit but after last night im leaving it well alone i love how the car is an wouldn't want to mess it up:adore:

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
The blue haldex will take that away as it keeps the diff locked when braking iirc,

I've had the back end twitching under heavy braking loads of times, its not nice. But whats worse is when you've got a wheel touching white paint and it locks up, feels weird.

not managed to have the back end out tho, seems like theres just too much grip.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
ive had the back end out a few times. its not an easy task i find even in the wet you have to really give it some power and alot of oversteer, but when she lets go she does in a big way!! i almost tboned a lorry haha :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
You did well to get the back out, I tried mine on a wet roundabout, and was in 3rd gear 55 mph and all that happend, was the traction kept swapping drive to various corners, I could hear the tyres breaking grip, but no dramas.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Delboy this sounds daft if you have already done so apologies, but you need the traction control button turned off if you want to stand any chance of the back ens stepping out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
macdaddy said:
Delboy this sounds daft if you have already done so apologies, but you need the traction control button turned off if you want to stand any chance of the back ens stepping out.
That's fair comment

·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
macdaddy said:
.not managed to have the back end out tho, seems like theres just too much grip.
Mine has load's of grip to but you just have to push it that bit further, i just keep the throtle planted till tyres start skreatchin aprox half way round the round about then let the throtle off altogether then as back end swings out plant the throttle again and pull it back again;) I can get the back end out in mine and on dry roads (bit hard to find dry roads though) and that's with good condition mitchelin pilots on too:151:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts