VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahoy!

As well as lit needles is it possible to have the instrument cluster illuminated permanently (other than switching on sidelights) ???
Is there any one in the Bristol area that could assist getting the needles sorted?
Muchas gracias

VAG4life

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
maddogg_87 said:
Ahoy!

As well as lit needles is it possible to have the instrument cluster illuminated permanently (other than switching on sidelights) ???
Is there any one in the Bristol area that could assist getting the needles sorted?
Muchas gracias

VAG4life
While there get it done so you're windows open and close with the key

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dodders said:
Yes you can have the cluster illuminated all the time but I found I would turn the lights on later than I needed to,with dash lit up thought i had them on!
Ahhhh that's not an issue I want it lit al the time.....so anyone in the Bristol area able to assist? Or am I looking down the barrel of a trip to VW?

VAG4life

·
Registered
117 Posts
So it can be done with vagcom? Any hints on where or what to code? There are all sorts of things that can be done with the right numbers even if there is no description such as full circle brake lights and reverse cam and OPS at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
2,202 Posts
Ahhhh that's not an issue I want it lit al the time.....so anyone in the Bristol area able to assist? Or am I looking down the barrel of a trip to VW?

VAG4life
VW won't help you I'm afraid they'll just look bemused!
I have vagtacho which should do this but,I don't fancy doing it on any one elses car!

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Vag-Com (VCDS) is required to do the lock/unlock beeps, auto lock/unlock, selective unlocking, SRI reset etc

Vag-Tacho is required to enable Miles to Empty, Lit Needles, Welcome Message

VDS Pro is required to reprogram the CCM to allow Window Opening/Closing from the keyfob

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dodders said:
VW won't help you I'm afraid they'll just look bemused!
I have vagtacho which should do this but,I don't fancy doing it on any one elses car!
You don't!? Do you know anyone in the surrounding area that could? Cheers

VAG4life

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I only have the 2 button fob and I'm not hugely bothered about total open/closure....just lit needles...I don't mix paying if someone can just pout me in the direction of a person/company that does it in the Bristol area......

VAG4life

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
m3stig said:
you can only do it to the 3 button fob cant you ? can you do the programming at all mark ?
It's the 2 button one it works on,

James Baby did mine charges 20 to 30 quid

Well worth it

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Vag-Com (VCDS) is required to do the lock/unlock beeps, auto lock/unlock, selective unlocking, SRI reset etc

Vag-Tacho is required to enable Miles to Empty, Lit Needles, Welcome Message

VDS Pro is required to reprogram the CCM to allow Window Opening/Closing from the keyfob
This is correct.

Vag Tacho will also do Real Time Temp Gauge.

Reactions: PaulW

·
1,243 Posts
what benefit do you get from realtime temps? is it worth doing or not ?
defo worth doing Ive done it to mine. basically makes the temp guage read the real temperature of the water rather than just going to the middle and sitting there.

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
jon_R32 said:
defo worth doing Ive done it to mine. basically makes the temp guage read the real temperature of the water rather than just going to the middle and sitting there.
All of the above has been done on mine and from what you have said the temp must have as well as when in hot summer in traffic it creeps past the middle then when the fan has been on it drops back to the middle, so I am assuming this was done as well

·
1,243 Posts
its easy to tell if it has as when you start the car from cold it will take a while for it raise to the mid-ish position were iirc its pretty quick on the stock flash

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
jon_R32 said:
its easy to tell if it has as when you start the car from cold it will take a while for it raise to the mid-ish position were iirc its pretty quick on the stock flash
Yes it does take ages like in winter it doesn't get to the middle by the time I get to work,

It's just the same as a gauge in Any car I have owned so it must have been done,

·
1,243 Posts
I would say so then mate, Ive done 2 other cars and mine now everyone has liked it. Although neilb and andy then both sold their cars lol.

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
jon_R32 said:
I would say so then mate, Ive done 2 other cars and mine now everyone has liked it. Although neilb and andy then both sold their cars lol.
So you're saying when it's not done the temp does not go over 90 no matter how hot?

As if ime in traffic in hot summer mine goes over until the fan kicks in,

I would be worried if it only went to 90, how would you know if its too hot?

Well thanks pal I have learnt a new thing today

Everyday is a school day lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts