VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right i've only had the golf now for 4 week's, lovin it everytime i look at it and drive it, but now i think i might have a very small problem that might result in me selling it , im 6ft2" and have to sit with my seat nearly all the way back, i have 1 little girl 3 years old who has to sit behind my wife.
Now the small problem i have now is today my wife rang me at work to say she's found out that she's 8 week's pregnant :-0, so as happy as iam about the news im now thinking the .:R is not big enough for a child seat behind me.
Just wondered if anyone else has this problem O BOY. :-(

·
4,328 Posts
Congrats man :) :) :)

Keep the r and get a small family car as well, as you will always take a hit part exing it so that way yes you loose some money but you get to keep the r :)

or even better get a 5 door r :)

but i have heard of people putting child seats in the back.

·
1,084 Posts
Congrats!

I'm 6ft4, and my missus has her first bun in the oven.

She wanted a Passat 4mo, but I convinced her a 5 door R32 (Mk5) would be OK.

I reckon the main problem (for us both) will be pushchairs in the boot, not shorties in the back seat. Mind you the only time I was in the back of a Mk4 I do remember it being pretty small.

Mk5 is considerably more spacious in the back seats, and.... you've got a few months to let them drop in price a bit.

Recaro also make baby seats!

Alternatively.... (dare I say it?)...................roofrack?

:tomato:

Tokyo J

G

·
Congratuations mate :151:

I am 6'2" as well and I have a 23 month old son. I have a 5 door MKIV,when I drive this car and indeed any car I always drive with the seat all the way back.

If the baby seat is behind the driver's seat there isn't enough room for him, and his legs don't fit. So the car seat goes behind the passenger seat. With my seat right back as well the car effectivey becomes a two seater car.

We also have another baby on the way - my other half is 16 weeks pregnant at the moment.

I hardly ever drive the car with anybody else in it - a second car really. When the new baby comes along there won't be enough room for all of us.

Our solution was we bought a Toyota Verso - great family car, very comfortable and loads of space.

·
3,732 Posts
dont fear it :D

i have a 9 year old son that sits behind the mrs on a booster seat

and and baby daughter (daddys princess) that sits behind me in a seat and we manage it just fine

5 door mk4

enough space....just... :D

·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank's to everybody for your comments, i think im gonna have to give it a try cos im to in love with it yet to part, my 3 year old daughter has at the min a very bulky child seat so i think i'll try and buy a smaller one and try her behind me.

as for the s4 i very nearly bought one before the .:R but just couldn't justify the running cost's, if im gonna get one of those though i'll wait till the new rs4 comes down some there stunning:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts