VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just registered on here to get a bit more stuck in to my r32 and share a bit of knowledge......
ive got a mk4 r32 running 342bhp...
i will try and get some photos uploaded when i find out how..:)

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate,

Sounds like you got a bit of a beast there, guessing it's running forced induction?!

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Wecome as well,

Yes hope to see some photos soon,lol.

·
1,184 Posts
Welcome mate

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:Dhey all im strugglin to upload pics at the mo but here is a few of the mods done..
its a 3 door mk4 r32...pretty much standard to look at apart from the lambo doors..
engine wise its got shrick cams inlet and outlet ported and polished head with flowed internals,, amd stage 4 custom remap,, modified lsd lightened and ballanced flywheel,, comp haldex controler,, full magnex system manifold to bumper, modified throttle housing to aid takeoff.. standard filter and box... runs 0-60 in 5 seconds dead.. tempted in throwing in a charger as its gettin a bit slow for me now.lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slapbladder said:
342bhp? NA?..or revving to 10000rpm to get the power?.....must be a typo....
sorry no typo,, im not a corsa driver quoting 300+bhp from something its not.. i have all reciepts for nearly 8k engine work with power graphs to boot.
i never take the car into the redline as there is no need..
the only downfall to all this work is it sits very lumpy at tickover and it keeps eating propshaft bushes..
just gutted i couldnt get down for the power run at the weekend:)

·
2,808 Posts
So the engine mods are...?

shrick cams, inlet and outlet ported and polished head with flowed internals,, amd stage 4 custom remap,full magnex system manifold to bumper, modified throttle housing to aid takeoff.. standard filter and box
and your getting 340bhp??? Iv got all that on my with exception of polished head and flowed internals and mine gets 260ish bhp maybe 270hp. Sorry to be the one to tell you but theres no way that your car is developing that power unless is 'charged or running nitros! You sure it hasnt gotta a turbo on it??

Ps. If it is running that then let me know who did the work and I'll take mine down to them for 8grand!!

G

·
Hiya mate welcome to the forum - have you had it dyno'd to give 342 bhp?

An AmD stage four won't get anywhere near 342?

But if you post up some evidence to the contrary I'll be the first to say I was wrong.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HOW EMBARACED AM I!!!!!:eek:
full on appologies to all in the know.... turns out that the guy i purchased the car from has managed to cut copy paste and edit a few crutial details on the power graph ... i did a bit of research today into the car and also had it rolling roaded myself in lancaster..
upon looking close at the graph you can see the breaks in the line where he has been a wizard on the computer..(very naughty) all the work done to the engine is true enough reciepts and a small chat to the guy that paid the penies varifies this
SO WHAT BHP IS IT I HEAR YOU ASK????
well it ran 2 runs and both showed the following run1-- maximum power 267.9bhp with 233.5 lbft....run2-- maximum power 270.9 bhp with 233.5 lbft both runs were done using tesco 95ron....
also had a misfire on no1 wich has consiquently shown the management light and im now needing a coil pack..:(

·
2,808 Posts
I was gona say it might be a photoshop, what a cheeky mo fo!!
270hp sounds about right with those mods.
Coil pack is cheap and easy and a common fault, dont fret.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh well cash has parted now.. i must admit i was a bit sceptical to say the least but didnt look hard it it enough to doubt it..... needless to say i am happy with it as it clocks 0-60 in 5 secs dead and sound awesome with the exhaust.. there is a guy on here that has some coilpacks and i also have 6 comin from motorsinmotion.

·
2,808 Posts
Im the same mate, I bought mine from a VW dealership and they said it was running 300hp but its only hitting 270max.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Oh mate, what a nightmare!

I'd have hit the roof if I found that the previous owner did that to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts