VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon R32OC,

I'm looking to buy a Mk4 R32 and there is one locally for sale with the following specifications.

53 plate, silver, 3dr
80K Miles
FSH (Including recent new clutch and timing chains)
1 Year MOT (no advisories)

H&R Springs all round
H&R 25mm Rear spacers

Half leather, heated seats in great condition
4x Toyo Proxy Sports fitted 4500miles / 8 months ago

Pads/Discs apprxoimately 1/2 - 3/4 worn.

Owner is thinking of asking approximately £6,800 for it.

Thoughts and comments welcome!

Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Going off the above info assuming the car is mint. (Give or take some stone chipping or light wear) I'd wave 6 in front of his nose and see what happens ???? got mine recently for a little cheaper but without fresh tires so.. Ultimately just offer what YOU deem the car worth, try to trust your gut and good luck!!

·
179 Posts
Although the clutch and timing chains are two massive headaches you dont need to worry about for a long long time, i wouldnt be parting with more than £6K for that kind of milage personally.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
I think it's maybe a bit pricey but its hard to say as there are alot of cheap ones about but is that because they are crap?

I think a car is worth what you will pay for it.

One thing to note is the 1/2 leather seats are quite rare and are very hard wearing

Mine have done 100k and they still look great

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm based in Aberdeen so cars up here always seem to sell for a bit more than they do down South

Taking that in to account, I was thinking of offering around £6,250 prior to putting this post up.

·
179 Posts
If it's a cash purchase mate, id do as Douggie says, shove a wad of £6K in his face and see what he does, you'd be surprised how some people get itchy feet when the cash is there one view.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Reactions: R8B WG
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in talks with the fellow over PM on a local forum just now anyway to get as many details as I can.

Just phoned my insurance there would be no extra charge or changeover fee if I buy it which is a bonus.

I've asked if he's open to offers and will see what he comes back with.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts

·
19,389 Posts
Who knows, it is Aberdeen! :crazy:/>
In which case take a Sheep to distract the seller.

Seriously though, the car is only worth what you are willing to pay for it. We all have different.expectations and concepts of value. It's a buyers market at the moment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I only have 1 sheep and I don't like sharing.

His reply was "I may be open to sensible / close offers but not too much as I haven't even advertised the car yet. I wont be in a hurry to let it go, mainly due to the work and money put into it."

·
19,389 Posts
As the owner he is well within his rights to sell it for what he wants and you as the buyer are witbin your rights to offer what you think it's worth and are willing to pay. If you cannot mutually agree then move on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah that's the one, in fact just found a thread where he was asking how much it's worth. Your reply was between £6000 - £6500 so £6250 seems about right

1 - 19 of 19 Posts