VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i'm looking for an R32 to buy, i have found one i like, but in the pics the paddles are massive carbon fibre hobbies that i dont see on any others, also, the steering wheel has a 'R' badge instead of a VW one...

Doesn't sound like much, but i'm worried it may of been in a smash and had a new steering wheel due to air bag deployment???

Is there a mk5 buyers guide on here?

·
19,388 Posts
The paddles and the .;R badge on the steering wheel are just aftermarket parts that have been fitted by the owner. Nothing really to worry about and certainly not a sign that the car has been in an accident. Normally the larger paddles are stuck to the small paddles with double sided tape, so easy to remove if you don't like them.

There is a MK4 guide but not a specific MK5 one but if you have a search around you should find what answers you want. If not, please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh cheers for that.... Not sure why you would change the badge but hey ho!
I have now seen the stick on paddles on ebay. Sorry if it seems like i'm being picky, but i shall be travelling a long way to see this car so need to be i'm not making a wasted journey.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As it happens i will not be going to look at that car. I googled the car lot and the reviews are terrible. Sounds like a bunch of cowboys.
www.auto100.co.uk

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
harty said:
As it happens i will not be going to look at that car. I googled the car lot and the reviews are terrible. Sounds like a bunch of cowboys.
www.auto100.co.uk
Don't waste your time

·
719 Posts
If it helps I've got big paddles and an r badge it makes the wheel awsome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts