VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys an gals,

In peoples experience, how much lower does a brand new set of -20mm lowering springs sit than a 80k set of standard springs?

I dont really wanna lower my car, but i have a snapped rear spring, i like the stance of the car as it is now, but am worried if i buy new standard springs it will pick the back of the car up to 'as new' ride height, but at the same time, if i buy lowering springs i dont want it sitting that much lower with the 19's on.........
Any help/enlightenment would be greatly recieved

Also, anyone ever heard of these???

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_1895wt_904

Thanks to all in advance

Steve J

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
When I bought my R it had standard dampers with H&R springs which are 20mm lower and to be fair it sat quite low, the bottom f he undertray would catch on big speed bumps. I have since fitted b8 dampers which are a shorter shock but actually raised the ride hight by a small amount, so for me it now sits perfect. Personally I wouldn't put lowering springs on standard shocks, I'd buy always a spring and shock set. But what ever you do don't buy those ebay cheapo springs.

I don't think your old springs will have dropped too much over time as people do replace just the broken spring when theirs snap...

·
Registered
363 Posts
New springs will always sit heigh when standard as they will need to settle over a few weeks..

But H&R springs drop it a nice amount while remaining the comfort etc must admit on my Mk5 have had no problems with catching anything but just closes up the gap a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts