VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any R32s that have had LPG conversions done? I saw a 2.8 4Motion in PVW once that had been LPG'd so I guess it must be possible...

·
3,732 Posts
why would you want to? if your that worried about fuel drive slower ;)

seriously though, accomodating an lpg tank worth filling would be a tough one, where would you put it? boot? not much room in there - plus youd then have to have some sort of unsightly filler cap somewhere - added to the fact its a performance car rather than a big engined cruiser.

theres an lpg garage down the road from me, if your serious about it i can pm you their number - they know their stuff and although not near you they should be able to provide you with everything you would need to know etc

·
Registered
30 Posts
The filler cap can be hidded at the back of the rear number plate, and the number plate if then on a magnetic drop down bracket, my mate had his old 4Motion done.

If you are serious about looking into this, i can highly recommend an approved LPG installer from Runcorn, Manchester, he is one of the best guys i know who does this and has converted several of our cars.

·
3,732 Posts
surely performance suffered?

i have some mates with big engined audis and 1 lpg'd his and regretted it ever since

good luck with it, not my bag tho :fight:

G

·
CaSPeR_R32 said:
The filler cap can be hidded at the back of the rear number plate, and the number plate if then on a magnetic drop down bracket, my mate had his old 4Motion done.

If you are serious about looking into this, i can highly recommend an approved LPG installer from Runcorn, Manchester, he is one of the best guys i know who does this and has converted several of our cars.
Surely the exhaust would getting in the way of this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very Cherry said:
surely performance suffered?

i have some mates with big engined audis and 1 lpg'd his and regretted it ever since

good luck with it, not my bag tho :fight:
I will ask him what the overall performance hit was like as i do recall him saying it was very very slight after they compared the before and after stats. it certainly wasn't nothing to be worried about

·
3,732 Posts
wouldnt want a tank with connections like that inside my ride :stoned: if it went bang......... luggage slid onto the connectors....

brave

however, liking the hidden filler, thats very tidy

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,106 Posts
Tim said:
I HAVE AN LPG KIT ON MK 5 R32, made by prins, works beautifully
Hi Tim,

It's a very old thread you have replied to , but as said before why would anyone put a LPG kit on an R32, sorry but I just cannot understand why people would wont to do this to a performance car.

But if it suits your needs and as you say you are happy with it then that's fine.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
4,848 Posts
i can actually see the reasoning behind the LPG conversion but the things that seriously put me off were the big tank in the boot and the initial cost. i worked out it would take me 3yrs to break even (and even that was being optimistic).

LPG has some really good arguments for it besides economy with somepeople saying it improves performance over petrol.

things have probably moved on a lot since i looked into it but i definately dont think its for me anymore ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts