VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience of converting to lpg with their R32? I've spoken to Autogas centre (top guys) and they say it's a very tricky job. Any comments would be great!

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Do a quick search mate, there is a number of folk in the past who had it done and put up a review even. Went well I think from what I remember.

·
19,389 Posts

·
4,420 Posts
But you will lose power, just to make you aware, and am i correct in thinking you have to have a new fuel cap on your rear bumper or something?

·
Super Moderator
2,204 Posts
I've had my mk4 converted now for two years and very pleased with the set upI have which in Prins.
Try not to go for the fit in one day company's.It is a difficult job as there 's not to much space left to put the kit in but can be done usually the front end will need to be dismantled.
You will also need the valve saver kit.

With the multipiont injection systems now fitted rather than the single point as of the old days,power loss is now a myth.

See my sig below for my install on my Mk4
Cheers

·
4,420 Posts
Just as a comparison

35mpg (i got that when i went to wales)
Fuel cost - 136.9p litre
Spend - £53.35
Distance - 300miles

·
145 Posts
Welcome to the forum DAVEH. It's coming up to 3 months since I had my Mk5 converted. Its a late March 09 registered R with relatively low miles.

I run the R as a daily and am getting 24 to the gallon of LPG. I get no reduction on power as Dodders has mentioned. The injectors are installed as close to the intake as possible having seen the front off during its installation.

I agree with Dodders too in that it is worth going to an installer that takes their time, and I had the flash lube installed for the valvecare on my Prins system too.

I have a 50 Litre tank that sits in the spare tyre well and I reckon I will break even in 14 months. Gas is 65p - 67p up my way.

This was my first report on it.

http://www.r32oc.com/topic/48949-lpg-conversion-on-my-mk5/

·
4,420 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts