VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I leave my car running in work like we all usually do in work, 15 minutes before clocking off time, and some mug who I call a work mate opens my drivers door and another guys f-ing dog jumps in and it's f ucked my leathers !!! Can they be fixed or are they gonna have to be replaced? I'm so mad , people have no respect, and they didn't even make an attempt to get it out, they thought it was funny !!!

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Ooh could have been a lot worse mate. Doesn't look punctured.

i think perhaps a good rub in the warmth with something like Gliptone conditioner could sort that out. But then wash off the excess to get rid of any surface shine.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
I agree with James, but I would still complain at work with HR or someone and threaten that you will be buying new seats and get a quote from VW,

What they have done is disgusting,

When I was younger some warehouse lads nicked a sheep and put it in a Clio at work, luckily the lad found it funny

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could actually cry, there wasn't a mark on that car, inside or out, I'll try and clean it up in the morning and report back
I won't be sleeping well tonight, that's for sure

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Leather can recover quite well bud. Rest easy, I reckon you'll be fine. It might take a few days to settle back. Chill.

PM me your address mate. Ill send you my bottles of Gliptone and some magic sponges. You thought your leather looked good?, wait till you see what magic sponges do.

Reactions: Benji26

·
139 Posts
Leather can recover quite well bud. Rest easy, I reckon you'll be fine. It might take a few days to settle back. Chill.

PM me your address mate. Ill send you my bottles of Gliptone and some magic sponges. You thought your leather looked good?, wait till you see what magic sponges do. :)/>
Absolute top bloke
!! Just goes to show, there are some decent people left in this world

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice of james to do such a caring act. Anyway you should still complain mate as thats heart breaking and seek to get compensated from the nasty gits

·
2,803 Posts
I've felt your pain, I was left with having to take my dog to the vet one day. I forgot his lead so when I got there I left the dog in the boot, went in and borrowed one. I come out to see him squeeze over and onto the back seats. I opened the door, flung the seat forward (3dr) and pulled him out, to find some marks and a claw hole in the center cushion. I could have kicked the sh*t out of the dog because of that, and the fact he was already being so difficult and driving me mad.
Absolutely ruined my day, but as others have said, the leather does "heal" itself. A few days later I gave it a going over with some leather care wipes. The marks are almost invisible, and the hole has returned to its original shape and is barely noticeable.

As for you, seeing as it was an act of carelessness by someone you probably dont give a damn about or they're stupid dog, assess the damage properly and see what needs to be repaired. If there is any cost to you, then you need to get them to pay for it. Depending on how difficult people get, you can say you are prepared to use the full extent of the law to claim for damages.

I dont suppose any of it was on CCTV?

·
136 Posts
Those marks will simply rub out, perhaps even with your thumb if you get it warm enough.

A few weeks of an ar5e sitting on it will sort it out as well.

Irritating, but certainly not the end of the world

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I'm waiting on the conditioner to turn up and see how it turns out, I've tried rubbing it with my thumbs and the claw marks are pretty deep, trouble is that no one sits in the back and they are virtually brand new seats , I mean the car has only done 16000 miles, it will most probably be ok as you say. The really annoying thing is, the fact the guys work on my shift and we've worked together for 7 years now, and it's a small shift, I never thought something like this would happen, especially with them but hey, you live and learn

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Posted it first class mate. Hopefully there tomorrow.

Reactions: paul89

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
JamesBaby said:
Posted it first class mate. Hopefully there tomorrow.
Must say that's really good of you James,

Restores my faith in man kind ;-)

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
MIQ said:
Must say that's really good of you James,

Restores my faith in man kind ;-)

Life, and OC is what we make it bud.

·