VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Following a post asking members what their BHPs were on their mk4s i wonder if mine was under performing during a recent remap.

I myself have a full limtek with manifolds, sports cat and non res with the BMC CDA induction kit (which from forum posts and reviews i gathered it was regarded as (if not one of) the best available, and made 262BHP at stealth. Another member posted saying he measured 271 with a Lucifer system (excluding manifolds) with the K&N typhoon induction kit.

which made me wonder, are the lucifer systems superior to Miltek, are the miltek manifolds a hindrance? Or simply does my engine need a good spring clean.

tempted by carbon cleaning as there is a place locally that does it. But also another member mentioned changing the injectors, fuel pump and inlet manifold. But would this make a difference? I'm just curious what i can do non-modification wise to improve the performance and health of my car.

I'm not really chasing a BHP figure just want to get the best out of it and make sure it's running to the best of it's availability and is in good health.

Thanks

·
278 Posts
I had Terraclean decarbon through my MKV just before I had it put on Surrey RR, Charlie said before they don't usually go over 240-3 with just a Exhaust and Intake (no map) and it made 250.4 which he was surprised at.

Not saying it's the be all and end all but if everything is clean and running properly it can only help.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what i was thinking, did wonder if a general health check would do it good. Sounds like it might! cheers dude.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have mine serviced at awesome gti and I have a service coming up, looked through what you can add in to the service and there was an option to have an oil called nanodrive oil, I read through some reviews and tests online and apparently using this oil compared to Halfords added 20bhp to a focus rs and 8bhp to a vxr. I find that hard to believe myself. With regards to terracleaning I had mine done last year and it did seem alot smoother after having it done.

·
5,499 Posts
I wouldn't get too hung up about dyno numbers to be honest,

there are so many variables you can't take the results as 100% accurate.

A failing maf sensor is also something worth considering

1 - 7 of 7 Posts